TITLE: .NET DEVELOPER
We are NCR, a global tech company – and we run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. We are the world leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With our software, hardware and portfolio of services, we make more than 300 million transactions possible every day.
We are helping our customers respond to the demand for fast, easy and convenient transactions with intuitive self-service and assisted-service options. Our solutions help businesses around the world increase revenue, build loyalty, reach new customers and lower their costs of operations.
By continually learning about—and pioneering—how the world interacts and transacts, we are helping companies not only reach their goals, but also change the way all of us shop, eat, travel, bank and connect. Together, we are shaping the future.
POSITION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY
Are you a developer ready to move from a development lab, see the world and meet with customers in a fast paced environment where you directly help NCR customers transform their businesses to the next generation of financial systems? In this role, you will partner with the Account Executives, Architects and Software Sales teams in planning and prioritizing opportunities for utmost productivity and efficiency. This role will also engage with Professional Services to coordinate a seamless transition at the right time and with the right resources.
The .NET Developer will be part of the presales organization at NCR. In this role the primary function would be to work with NCR customers to implement proof of technology and proof of concept solutions.
- Installation and configuration of NCR software components in to customer environments
- Develops high quality software proof of concept assets which meets requirements, promotes re-use of software components, driving sales of NCR software products and services
- Provides input and technical content for technical documentation, user help materials and customer training
- Assists others in estimating task effort and dependencies
- Responsible for team commitments within the POT/POC environments
- May be asked to lead and advise other engineering and professional services resources as part of project activities
- Participates with industry groups, stays current with technology and industry trends, disseminates knowledge to team members and forms best practices
- Communicates with solution management and other internal teams, both presales and engineering
- Participates in cross-functional collaboration within the NCR organization
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
- Deep understanding of Software Development and Quality Assurance best practices
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, multi lingual a plus
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration skills
- Knowledge of other software technologies
- Proven track record developing commercial products in an Agile development environment
- Ability to pick up new languages and adapt to new technologies
- Minimum 5 years of experience in software design and development
- Minimum 2 years of experience and passionate in preferred technology stack (all or part of it):
- Hands on experience in Server-side/ASP.NET, WCF services and Web API, C#, .Net, Heavy Multi-threading, MVC 4.0/5.0, JQuery, HTML/CSS, SQL, LINQ, AJAX, Entity Framework, REST and JSON * Experience working with Kendo UI Grid
- Extremely skilled with SQL Server Back-end development (SQL Optimization is a plus)
- Must have strong experience in Object Oriented design and development
- Application testing experience: TDD, Unit Testing, Mock framework
- Good understanding of Common Language Run Time Memory Management
- Strong experience designing and working with n-tier architectures
- Databases: MS SQL
- COM/DCOM experience a plus
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.
Deadline for applications: 03.11.2016.