TomTom created the easy-to-use navigation device, one of the most influential inventions of all time. Since then, we have grown from a start-up, into a global technology company.
We design and develop innovative navigation products, software and services, that power hundreds of millions of applications across the globe. This includes industry-leading location-based and mapmaking technologies, embedded automotive navigation solutions; portable navigation devices and apps, and the most advanced telematics fleet management and connected car services.
Combining our own R&D expertise with business and technology partnerships, we continue to shape the future, leading the way with autonomous driving, smart mobility and smarter cities.
Headquartered in Amsterdam with offices in 37 countries, we offer advanced digital maps that cover 142 countries and 33 territories, and our hyper-detailed and real-time TomTom Traffic information service reaches more than five billion people in 69 countries.
To read our story, visit www.tomtom.com
How about - Want to code the future?
Pretty big thinking. We like to think we make that happen.
We are looking for product-aware engineers who have a passion for building applications that drive the future of navigation and beyond. Designing and developing the best possible products is in our DNA.
Recognition and awards – we are pretty humble when it comes to these. But we do like to be acknowledged for what we do.
Your skills will contribute to
- 2 million downloads in Google Play in 2 months.
- An app available in 66 countries.
- A 4-star rating and Feature App status in Google Play.
- A built-in-house system to manage content enabling onboard navigation
- The development of innovative functionality unique to mobile platforms - ie: on-click navigation to contacts stored in your phone address book.
Ok, now we have your attention.
Here’s a little taste of your challenge
- Create compelling new user experiences within TomTom’s Android apps
- Work on next gen technologies: screen replication, advanced car integration, hybrid navigation, cloud integration, deep phone OS integration and using latest API from Android.
- Craft new and improved features and create engaging experiences.
- Use motion and animation to bring delight to interactions.
- Move the app forward rapidly, while sweating the details
What we expect from you
- Top-notch programming skills and engineering know how (and a desire to keep learning).
- Ability to think out of the box and bring new ideas to the table.
- Willingness to work on large and complex projects using the latest Agile processes.
- Passion for delivering the best user experience possible on mobile devices.
- Able to work and play well with others; TomTom is a collaborative environment.
- BS or MS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience. But if you’re talented, degrees aren’t everything.
What you can expect from us
- You will never get bored! We move fast like a “start-up” but have the benefits of a billion euro company.
- A company culture that likes to work hard and play hard. We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job everyday if you don’t like the people you work with.
- Have an idea? A suggestion? A new way of doing something? The founders are still very present in the company and are very accessible. We all are. There is always room for good ideas. Entrepreneurialism is valued.
- Decisive actions. We don’t like to wait. It’s in our DNA to move forward. So it only makes sense that we don’t jam the company with lots of layers. We make things happen. Quickly.
- Belgrade. A pretty cool city to live and work. Lots of inspiration and when it’s sunny, the whole city comes alive!
Want to join us?
We would like to meet you!
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
Pre-employment screening of all external candidates is part of the selection process.