Our mission is to accelerate the adoption of cryptocurrency so that you and the rest of the world can achieve financial freedom and inclusion. In our first decade, Kraken has risen to become one of the largest, most successful and respected crypto exchanges on the planet.
We are changing the way the world thinks about finance and our range of successful products are playing a critical role in the mainstream adoption of crypto assets. We continue to trail-blaze into new territory with the introduction of Kraken Bank, providing a more seamless integration between crypto and the traditional financial system. This makes us the first crypto company (ever) to be awarded a U.S. state banking charter.
Our diverse group of 2,000+ Krakenites are distributed all over the world as part of our 'remote first' culture, united by a shared passion for delighting customers, upholding crypto values and achieving our meaningful mission. We attract people who push themselves to improve, are radically transparent and think differently in order to unlock their potential.
Crypto is a rapidly evolving industry and we’re just getting started. We’re growing fast and you're invited to join the revolution!
About the Role
This is a fully remote role, we will consider applicants based in North America, South America and EMEA
Our Engineering team is having a blast while delivering the most sophisticated crypto-trading platform out there. Help us continue to define and lead the industry.
As part of Kraken's Core Backend team, you will work within a world-class team of engineers building Kraken's infrastructure using Rust. As a Backend Engineer, you help design and implement new services, and port legacy ones into Rust. You will work on projects through their lifecycle, from their initial requirements, implementation and up to production.
- Design and implementation of Micro-services in Rust
- Port legacy Micro-services to Rust
- Writing reusable, testable, and efficient code
- Implementation of security and data protection systems
- Write highly scalable, high volume services
- At least 3 years of experience in software engineering
- Experience writing network services or asynchronous code in Rust
- Experience using a Linux server environment
- Ability to independently debug problems involving the network and operating system
- Proactive, self-driven mindset
- Be familiar with deployment using Docker
- Have experience with other strongly typed languages
- Have experience with distributed systems, SQL, Redis and Kafka
- Be passionate about secure, reliable and fast software
- Have open source contributions, including in Rust
- Be familiar with PHP
Location Tagging: #US #EU
We’re powered by people from around the world with their own unique backgrounds and experiences. We value all Krakenites and their talents, contributions, and perspectives.
Check out all our open roles at https://www.kraken.com/careers. We’re excited to see what you’re made of.
Learn more about us
Watch "Top 10 Qualities of Kraken - How to Grow a Decacorn Remixed""
Follow us on Twitter
Catch up on our blog
Follow us on LinkedIn
Deadline for applications: 11.06.2022.
Kraken je platforma koja je od strane nezavisnih medija konstantno ocenjivana kao najbolja i najsigurnija platforma za razmenu bitkoina. Sa seištem u San Francisku, Kraken je najveća kompanija za razmenu bitkoina u području eura. Krakenovi klijenti takođe trguju sa USD, CAD, ETH, XRP, LTC i mnogim drugim digitalnim valutama.