Seven Bridges (www.sevenbridges.com) is building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. We enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so that they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine.
Bioinformatics is a relatively new and rapidly growing interdisciplinary field of science that combines computer science, statistics, mathematics, genetics and engineering to analyze and interpret biological data.
We would like to invite you to join our team and play an integral part in bringing this exciting and important technology into life.
While learning about this vibrant field, you can expect full support from our teams, ensuring seamless transition into the bioinformatics specialisation. You will be encouraged to apply your current strengths in the fastest growing field of science and IT, while improving your existing skills and learning new ones from our team of experts.
You will work back to back with various members of our development team, pushing forward initiatives that enable continuous development and improvement of our product. As you progress, you will be able to work on exploring and integrating community developed bioinformatics tools into our cloud-based platform. You will gain the chance to work on product improvements, as well as on conducting analyses of genomic data.
Our partners and clients work on some of the most demanding projects in the field of biotechnology and should you decide to join us, you will have the opportunity to participate and leave a mark.
- Continuous learning of biological concepts behind genomic analyses.
- Staying up to date with open source bioinformatics tools and scientific best practices.
- Working closely with our clients on designing solutions for precision medicine.
- Creating and optimizing pipelines for genomic data analysis.
- Analyzing genomic datasets using Python and/or R.
- Integrating tools on the Seven Bridges platform.
- Providing support for the available bioinformatics tools on the Seven Bridges platform.
An ideal candidate would:
- Have a background in one of the bioinformatics related fields (Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or Life Sciences).
- Be highly motivated and interested in continuous learning of biological aspects of the problem.
- Have a solid knowledge in at least one programming language.
- Have an interest in the field of data analysis.
- Have excellent communication skills.
- Be proficient in both spoken and written English.
- Be genuinely curious and constantly striving to learn.
It would be great if you:
- Are comfortable with at least one major *NIX platform (Linux, OS X etc.).
- Are familiar with common engineering practices.
- Have a solid knowledge of algorithms, data structures and/or statistics.
- Have some experience in the field of big data analysis.
- Are familiar with the basic steps of next-generation sequencing data analysis.
We value our team more than anything else, and we enjoy learning from each other and sharing knowledge.
If you want to support our efforts in improving our platform, analyzing large sets of genomic data and thus enabling us to make personalized medicine a reality and these challenges seem exciting to you, please send us your resume/CV and a cover letter.
Thank you for your interest in Seven Bridges, however, due to the high volume of applications we will only contact those candidates whose skills and qualifications most closely suit our needs.