We are looking for:
Seven Bridges Genomics (www.sbgenomics.com)is building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis on the market. We democratize genomics by enabling researchers anywhere to process and understand genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, at any scale. This allows them to focus on advancing their fields and making personalised medicine a reality.
Bioinformatics is a relatively new and rapidly growing interdisciplinary field of science that combines computer science, statistics, mathematics, genetics and engineering to analyze and interpret biological data.
We are offering you the opportunity to play an integral part in bringing this exciting and important technology into life.
You will have full support from our team in gaining relevant knowledge and simplifying your transition into the new field. You will be encouraged to apply your current expertise in the fastest growing field of science and IT, while improving your existing skills and learning new ones along the way.
Want to help us improve our platform, analyze large sets of genomic data and help us make personalized medicine a reality? If these challenges seem exciting and you fit the profile below, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Learning biological concepts behind genomic analyses.
- Staying up-to-date with open source bioinformatics tools.
- Integrating tools on the Seven Bridges platform.
- Creating and optimizing pipelines for genomic data analysis.
- Analyzing genomic datasets using Python and/or R.
- Providing support for the available tools on the Seven Bridges platform.
An ideal candidate would:
- Have a strong background in computer science or related field.
- Be highly motivated to learn about biological aspects of the problem.
- Be proficient in at least one programming language (2+ years).
- Have a solid knowledge of algorithms and data structures.
- Have experience in the field of big data analysis.
- Understand the common engineering practices.
- Feel comfortable with at least one major *NIX platform (Linux, OS X etc.).
- Have good communication skills.
- Be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Be genuinely curious and constantly striving to learn.
We value our team more than anything else, and we like to learn from each other and share knowledge. In return, we offer an open work environment, flexible working hours, and great work conditions.
If you would like to work with us and join our constantly growing team, please send your resume/CV and a cover letter.
Thank you for your interest in Seven Bridges Genomics, however, due to the high volume of applications we will only contact those candidates whose skills and qualifications most closely suit our needs.