Bioinformatics Support Specialist
Seven Bridges is connecting the world’s biomedical information to accelerate research and improve health. We are collaborating with a wide variety of distinguished pharmaceutical, health-care, and academic partners. A central part of our mission is to help these partners investigate and treat all kinds of genetic disorders.
At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enables scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine.
We would like to invite you to join our team and play an integral part in helping our clients bring this exciting and important technology into life. While learning about this vibrant field and support system, you can expect full support from our teams, ensuring a seamless transition into the bioinformatics support specialisation. You will be encouraged to apply your current strengths in the fastest growing field of science and IT, while improving your existing skills and learning new ones from our team of experts.
You will work back to back with various members of our support and bioinformatics teams, helping our clients overcome obstacles they encounter. It is expected of you to diagnose, resolve and explain issues and questions raised by our clients. As you progress, you will be able to work on exploring and integrating community developed bioinformatics tools and pipelines into our cloud-based platform.
Our partners and clients work on some of the most demanding projects in the field of biotechnology and should you decide to join us, you will have the opportunity to participate and leave a mark.
- Understand each client’s use case and their bioinformatics data processing pipelines
- Provide support for the available bioinformatics tools on the Seven Bridges platform
- Provide support for the client tools, workflows and automation flow
- Be in a direct communication channels (slack, email) with the client
- Evaluate and troubleshoot incoming requests from clients
- Write an eloquent explanation of the problem cause and the proposed solution which would enable user to resolve the issue
- Independently resolving customer issues while communicating in a professional manner (Debugging task failures by reading service logs or by using Kibana/Grafana/SQL)
- Understand architecture and services of Seven Bridges platform
- Staying updated with open source bioinformatics tools and scientific best practices.
- Continuous learning of biological concepts behind genomic analyses
- Integrating tools on the Seven Bridges platform
- Full time position in SB Belgrade office. Work in shifts, rotation in order to cover time between 8am to 8pm.
An ideal candidate would:
- Have a background in one of the bioinformatics related fields (Engineering, Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics or Life Sciences).
- Be highly motivated and interested in continuous learning of biological aspects of the problem.
- Have a solid knowledge in at least one programming language (Python preferred).
- Have excellent communication skills and customer focus.
- Be proficient in both spoken and written English.
- Be familiar with support process in general.
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Be genuinely curious and constantly striving to learn.
- Be a strong team player.
It would be great if you...
- are comfortable with at least one major *NIX platform (Linux, OS X etc.).
- are familiar with common engineering practices.
- are familiar with the basic steps of next-generation sequencing data analysis.
- have experience in external client support
- are familiar with JIRA or similar ticketing system.
We value our team more than anything else, and we enjoy learning from each other and sharing knowledge. If you want to support our efforts in improving our platform, analyzing large sets of genomic data and thus enabling us to make personalized medicine a reality and these challenges seem exciting to you, please send us your resume/CV and a cover letter.
Thank you for your interest in Seven Bridges, however, due to the high volume of applications we will only contact those candidates whose skills and qualifications most closely suit our needs.