NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with nearly 30,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
Business Analyst - recent graduate
We are seeking a Business Analyst who can leverage their knowledge of technology, systems and their related processes to help build new and innovative services and solutions for NCR Digital. We are looking for someone who utilizes their deep technical knowledge and broad in-field experience, to help drive innovative uses for technology, operational efficiencies and to help create differentiated experiences for our customers. Someone who can work across industry and sectors to build technical competencies and capabilities that are rooted in innovative thinking and accented by a technically brave mindset.
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility:
- The Product Owner is the liaison between NCR Digital and the Customer to support the translation of operational needs into solution requirements as well as coordinate the implementation of new or enhanced technologies.
Key Areas of Responsibility include:
- Works with the Customer and other Digital Consultants as required, using recognized, structured analysis and design methodologies to determine and document solution requirements, ensuring that the solution is robust and deliverable, and that the scope is clearly defined.
- Assembles and presents business requirements, functional specifications, Epics, User Stories and other project statements in customer preferred formats as required
- Conducts business needs analysis against existing technology and supporting processes to determine functional and technical requirements
- Assists in process definition and acts as a consultant to improve business processes
- Performs modeling of business and system processes based on findings through use-case scenarios, workflow diagrams, and data models
- Collaborates with other internal entities and 3rd party vendors to identify alternative solutions and translates operational needs into requirements
- Monitors requirement related activities of assigned projects and works with Project Managers to ensure that the project remains in scope
- Communicates the status of each phase for assigned projects to management on a scheduled basis
- Helps develop testing requirements and plans to validate application changes and supporting business processes
- Helps coordinate delivery of business solutions and supporting processes according to business priorities and requirements
- Supports beta-testing, end-user testing and validation by customer for new or revised solutions
- Evaluates proposed change requests (CRs) to existing solutions to identify potential adverse impact upon operations and to facilitate sizing and scheduling by other NCR teams
- Ascertains that newly implemented/revised solutions and supporting processes are meeting end-user requirements and business objectives as specified. Escalates or provides feedback to Customer accordingly
- Researches/analyzes current/emerging technologies/vendor services in support of business priorities and objectives
- Trains less experienced employees within assigned area(s) as required
Qualifications / Experience:
- Degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or related subject, or equivalent work experience
- Familiar with working with large clients from a service provider, software provider or end user perspective
- Experienced in Agile methodologies and related methods, and can apply in the context of service delivery
- Conversant with Project management principles
- Knowledge of working with TFS or Confluence / Jira is an advantage
- Knowledge / experience of working within Retail, Financial and Hospitality is desirable
- Able to achieve organisational objectives through effective planning, punctuality, organisational skills, coordination skills, decision making skills, and time management
- Clear focus on high quality and business profit
- Effective communicator, can deal with all levels of people from Senior Management down to front line employees
- Able to demonstrate vision and strategic thinking
- Strong written, verbal and presentation skills
- Must be extremely collaborative and comfortable dealing with ambiguity, influencing across multiple complex organisations, creating effective internal business partnerships.
- Ability to effectively participate in multiple projects, have excellent attention to detail, and work effectively under deadlines.
- Ability to present technical concepts in an uncomplicated manner confidently to an executive audience with well-summarized, concise information
- Ability to execute on responsibilities with minimal guidance and oversight
- Strong analytical skills and ability to make data driven decisions
- Interested in emerging technologies (IoT, Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, Blockchain, etc.)
- Adjusts quickly to changing priorities and conditions
- Have a proven pedigree of participating in large digital projects
Integrated into our shared values is NCR’s commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. NCR does not discriminate in employment based on sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.