About this role:
The position consists in leading the Business Intelligence team for eFront ERM (Enterprise Risk Management).
The eFront ERM application is a web-based, highly configurable application used by >100 eFront clients in the insurance, banking and industrial sectors, in France and internationally.
The team of 5 members is developing BI capabilities for our clients, either during the software implementation project or as their BI needs evolve (changes and new requirements), using the eFront data mining and reporting technology.
The person on this role is in charge of handling the BI team and ensuring we deliver BI requirements at the highest level of quality and performance. The role involves assisting and collaborating with our clients based on a blended technical (SQL) and business skillset, and working closely with other eFront teams, mainly: DBAs and team leaders, implementation and business consultants, Account Managers, Project Managers, Solution architects.
- Lead the team of BI consultants: assign tasks, planning, ensure capability building of the team, coach and mentor, role-model, tackle difficulties
- Develop skills and knowledge in the eFront BI technology, eFront ERM data model and technical infrastructure, and ERM industry, in order to be effective at the role, and disseminate this knowledge in the team
- Support the delivery of BI requirements during implementation projects or for already installed clients, either by leading the team to deliver or by working on the requirements hands-on: Analyse client’s BI needs and evaluate the feasibility of their requirements – through application and database (SQL)
- Configure reports and the application’s setup based on the specifications provided by the consultants, project managers and clients
- Test of the parameterized elements (including creating the data entries vital for these tests, and design / writing of the tests in question)
- Support solution demonstrations and presentations if needed to present finalized works
- Keep regular contacts with customers or project managers, fully understand their needs and business background, and keep up to date on progress
Required skills and experience:
- Faculty degree in Organizational Sciences/Economy/IT/Mathematics or relevant placement
- 2+ years of working experience in MS SQL or ORACLE, including understanding and use of advanced optimization techniques when writing SQL queries and/or Experience on parametrization of web applications, and/or Experience in reporting setup and data manipulation
- Full professional proficiency in written/spoken English
- Team management and leadership experience
- External client management experience
- Proven experience in query and application performance troubleshooting
- Good knowledge of MS Office suite (Word, Excel)
- Knowledge in Risk Management/Internal Control/Internal Audit management background would be an asset
- Some French language would be appreciated
To help you stay energized, engaged and inspired, we offer a wide range of benefits including a strong retirement plan, tuition reimbursement, comprehensive healthcare, support for working parents and Flexible Time Off (FTO) so you can relax, recharge and be there for the people you care about.
BlackRock's purpose is to help more and more people experience financial well-being. As a fiduciary to investors and a leading provider of financial technology, our clients turn to us for the solutions they need when planning for their most important goals. As of September 30, 2020, the firm managed approximately $7.81 trillion in assets on behalf of investors worldwide.
For additional information on BlackRock, please visit www.blackrock.com/corporate | Twitter: @blackrock | LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/company/blackrock.
BlackRock is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, and other statuses protected by law.
BlackRock will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest or conviction records in a manner consistent with the requirements of the law, including any applicable fair chance law