Around since 1994, Arise Virtual Solutions Inc. has created a disruptive technology platform that connects the world’s biggest brands with the largest network of gig-economy Service Partners in the BPO industry. Owned by Warburg Pincus, one of the world’s largest Private Equity Firms, Arise is the work-from-home pioneer and now the CX Transformation trailblazer. We are changing the way the world WORKS with every major brand that we support. Come be a part of the revolution as a regular-full-time employee of Arise Virtual Solutions!
Our Core Values:
- Relentlessly Pursue Excellence
- Empower People & Partners
- Make a Difference
- No Boundaries
- Embrace Possibilities
The Business Systems Analyst will report to the VP, Technical Services . The role is responsible for eliciting, analyzing, validating, specifying, verifying, and managing the business needs of project stakeholders, both internal and external. They serve as the liaison between the customer community and the technical solution development team.
The Business Systems Analyst is involved throughout the business solution development life cycle. Upon the establishment of the baseline, the focus is shifted towards the management of the requirements specification and verifying the fulfillment of all requirements.
What you will be doing:
- Work with the project manager, business visionary and end users, IT architects and developers, and project sponsor to document the product’s vision and the project’s scope
- Identify project stakeholders and user classes. Document user class characteristics. Identify appropriate representatives for each user class and negotiate their responsibilities
- Produce requirements using interviews, document analysis, requirements workshops, storyboards, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, use cases, scenarios, event lists, business analysis, competitive product analysis, task and workflow analysis, and/or viewpoints
- Write requirements specifications according to standard templates, using natural language simply, clearly, unambiguously, and concisely
- Decompose high-level business and user requirements into functional requirements, specified in an appropriate level of detail suitable for use by those who must base their work on the requirements and by the solution development team members
- Define quality attributes, external interfaces, constraints, and other nonfunctional requirements
- Represent requirements using alternative views, such as analysis models (diagrams), prototypes, or scenarios, matrices, simple tables, where appropriate
- Lead requirements analysis, validation and verification, ensuring that requirement statements are complete, consistent, concise, comprehensible, traceable, feasible, unambiguous, and verifiable, and that they conform to standards
- Facilitate requirements prioritization based on business value
- Participate in peer reviews and inspections of requirements documents. Participate in peer reviews of work products derived from requirements specifications to ensure that the requirements were interpreted correctly
- Enter, manipulate, and report on requirements stored in a commercial requirements management tool. Define requirement attributes and facilitate their use throughout the project
- Manage changes to baselined requirements through effective application of change control processes and tools
- Establish and implement effective requirements practices, including use and continuous improvement of a requirements process. Assist with the development of the organization’s requirements engineering policies, procedures, and tools
- Implement ways to reuse requirements across projects
- Identify ways to assist the business in solution planning through requirements development and analysis. Propose new product features and updates
- Create logical and innovative solutions to problems
- Facilitate Daily Standup meetings of development in the form of a Scrum master and report progress of tasks to management
- Conduct/Facilitated end-user UAT sessions of monthly deployments
- Manage portfolio of IT work with Application Development team.
Our new team member will need:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as a business analyst for significant IT projects
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent combination of education and/or work experience
- Ability to critically evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into details, translate up from low level information to a more general understanding, distinguish presented user requests from the underlying true needs, and distinguish solution ideas from requirements
- Ability to facilitate/conduct virtual meetings in a one-with-one and/or group setting
- Knowledgeable of Agile methodology preferred
- An understanding of how to practice requirements engineering according to several software development life cycles in a team environment
- Knowledge of product management concepts and how enterprise IT business application products are positioned and developed
- General business management and operations knowledge is a plus, to have credibility with user representatives and be able to work effectively with them
- Knowledge in Microsoft applications with a strong emphasis on Word, Excel, Outlook and Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Excellent organizational skills and an aptitude for detail
- Must possess excellent interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Very strong follow-up and organizational skills.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- Business Analysis certification a plus.
- Experience with large and complex infrastructure and SaaS initiatives a plus.
Competitive Compensation and Benefits which include:
- Medical / Dental / Vision / Flex Spending Benefits through Cigna
- 401k, Retirement (40% match)
- Generous PTO and Holiday Plan! We also offer Volunteer Time Off (VTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement ($4K / year)
- Great Place to Work - Sun Sentinel 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2019!
- Empowerment Squad Activities - Philanthropy/Volunteering, Team Challenges, Fun Events!
When smart creative and passionate people get together, the results are astounding and the opportunities limitless.
Achieve your potential at Arise.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V.