C++ Software Engineer
NavKit is the TomTom navigation engine. It enables development of custom navigation applications for in-dash systems and smartphone and telematics applications. NavKit uses complex navigation algorithms and logic for advanced routing and guidance, intuitive destination entry, map matching, and interactive 2D and 3D map visualizations. NavKit builds on 20 years of experience and is market-tested in over 100 million products around the world.
NavKit has also been integrated into smartphone navigation applications, such as the Volkswagen “maps + more” app for Android and iOS. Powered by TomTom’s navigation software, maps, and connected services, the app delivers a customized user experience to Volkswagen up! Drivers by combining music, navigation and vehicle status information.
Who are we looking for?
At TomTom, we are looking for bright, curious minds in software development to join one of the six scrum teams developing TomTom’s navigation engine, NavKit, written in C++ with highly optimized algorithms. Our Team is using historical, real-time and predictive traffic information, NavKit is constantly searching for, and providing, the best possible route. It calculates fastest, shortest, economical, bicycle and pedestrian routes and supports options to avoid highways, unpaved roads, HOV lanes, ferries and toll roads.
Here’s a little taste of your challenge...
- Produce great, elegant and simple code in a dynamic, diverse and collaborative environment
- Analyze requirements and develop an approach for solving it.
- Apply agile techniques to deliver high-quality software and technical excellence
- Implementation of the current software development practices, processes and standards code reviews, design reviews
What do we expect from you?
- Very good knowledge of the C++ programming language
- Around three years of experience with C++
- Knowledge of automated testing techniques and tools
- Good knowledge of design patterns and clean code principles
- Pro-active attitude
- Agile Experience is a plus
What can you expect from us?
- You will be working in an international context
- There’s plenty of opportunities for personal growth, in any direction you choose. Don’t expect to do the same thing for years; we encourage growth and change
- We like to have fun. There is no sense coming to a job every day if you don’t like the people you work with
- We bounce ideas off each other to drive innovation throughout the company. Have a suggestion? See a new way of doing something? Entrepreneurialism is valued, and there is always room for good ideas.
- Decisive actions. We don’t like to wait. It’s in our DNA to move forward. We make things happen
TomTom created the easy-to-use navigation device, one of the most influential inventions of all time.
Since then, our software and navigation technologies have been powering over hundreds of millions of applications across the globe. From industry-leading location-based products and mapmaking technologies to embedded automotive navigation solutions; innovative personal navigation devices and apps to advanced telematics fleet management and connected car services. We continue to shape the future, leading the way with autonomous driving, smart mobility, and smarter cities. www.tomtom.com
Want to join us?
Please apply through www.tomtom.com/careers.
We kindly ask you to complete the form and attachments in English.
To get the full story about this vacancy or the application procedure, please contact Tamara Novkovic