We are looking for:
Core Platform Engineer
Seven Bridges Genomics is building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis on the market. Voted “Best of Show: Informatics Tools and Data” at Bio-IT World 2013, we democratize genomics by enabling researchers anywhere to process and understand genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, at any scale. This allows them to focus on advancing their fields and making personalized medicine a reality.
The flexibility of our platform, in the hands of our large team of experts, allows us to collaborate with a wide variety of distinguished pharmaceutical, health-care, and academic partners. A central part of our mission is to help these partners investigate and treat all kinds of genetic disorders, and we are currently enabling many such efforts. We are also excited to have been selected to participate in the National Cancer Institute's Cancer Cloud Pilot, which will accelerate and expand our vision.
As a member of our core platform team you will be working on our distributed file system on top of Amazon S3, optimizing data uploads and downloads, implementing content search, managing and optimizing AWS resource allocation, and help develop models and algorithms for the distributed execution of genomic pipelines and tools.
An ideal candidate would:
- have 3+ years of relevant engineering/data analysis experience
- be proficient in either Java or Python server-side development
- understand the common design patterns and engineering practices
- know how to work with at least one modern build system
- have a solid knowledge of common algorithms and data structures
- have good communication skills
- be proficient in spoken and written English
- be genuinely curious and constantly striving to learn
And we also think that...
- knowledge and hands-on experience with distributed systems and complex infrastructures is a big plus
- strong CS background is a plus
- it's great if you're fluent in more than one programming language and/or paradigm
- feeling comfortable with at least one major *NIX platform (Linux, OS/X, FreeBSD, etc.) is a plus
We value our team more than anything else, and we like to learn from each other and share knowledge. In return, we offer an open work environment, flexible working hours, and great work conditions.
If you would like to work with us and help us build the next generation of genomic analysis tools, please send your resume/CV and a cover letter.
Thank you for your interest in Seven Bridges Genomics, however, due to the high volume of submittals we will only contact those candidates whose skills and qualifications most closely suit our needs.