The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral, impartial and independent humanitarian organization that works to protect and assist people affected by armed conflict and other situations of violence. To find out more about ICRC mission and its activities visit www.icrc.org.
The ICRC has launched an ambitious program to improve the effectiveness with which it leverages data and information throughout its activities. Key strategies of this program involve upgrades to ICRC’s information management capabilities including Master Data Management, Data Warehousing and Business Intelligence.
The Data Architecture and Transparency Specialist will help identify, design, and document best mechanisms for information acquisition, processing, distribution and visualization at tactical and strategic levels. He/she will also document legacy data-related mechanisms with deliverables such as data flow diagrams, integration models, data models - conceptual, logical- with ICRC standard methods and tools.
The Belgrade Shared Services Center is looking for a suitable candidate to fill the following position: Data Architecture and Transparency Specialist
- Understands data elements, establishes data concept catalogs and ensures visibility for analyses in the context of special requests, recommendations
- Specifies and designs technology-agnostic mechanisms that will support our new and existing data capabilities e.g. data lake, data dictionary, MDM, etc.
- Builds a partnership with our ICT data colleagues and explores ways to demonstrate ideas and solutions
- Ensures mechanisms are in place to make data assets visible though single capabilities
- Participates in the successful delivery of these capabilities around transparency, data acquisition, MDM, analytics, etc.
- Identifies synergies in data management mechanisms and pursues the use of common capabilities amongst the Institution’s transformation landscape
- Degree in computer sciences, data strategy, software engineering, information technology and/or data engineering
- Considerable experience in domains such as:
- Data and Enterprise Architecture
- Application Integration: ETL, API, Biztalk, ESB, etc.
- Data Flow Modeling, Interface Modeling
- Master Data Management
- Data Quality Management
- Enterprise Data Modeling
- Data Lake design and Data Dictionary implementations
- Business Semantics Management
- Data warehouse experience a plus
- Successful track record of at least 5 years developing data architectures including:
- Database and Datawarehouse Modeling
- Entity Relationship Modeling
- Data Interface Design
- Data Flow and Pipeline Design
- Advanced SQL scripting
- Broad understanding of architecture challenges at enterprise level
- Expert in data modeling and data flow mapping methodologies
- Proven experience of project and program delivery methodologies and how architecture integrates into such methodologies
- Experience in using enterprise/solution architecture tools and techniques
- Familiarity with data science and analytics
- Fluent English, knowledge of French is an asset
- Considerable experience in architecture tools (preferably Erwin EA and Erwin data modeler, Oracle Designer, Visio …), SQL Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, relational databases, non-relational databases, ETL software, APIs
- Good understanding of the various strategies employed in enterprise data architecture environments, of standard architecture frameworks and of the challenges of large scale implementations
- Experience in solving cloud challenges through compliant data architectures with information security and personal data protection in mind
- Experience with working in data governance and data management i.e. data integration, data quality management, metadata management, data interfaces
- Experience of turning business problems into data design
WHAT WE OFFER
- A work and progressive professional development in an exciting international environment
- An inspiring opportunity to practice your profession in a humanitarian and multicultural organization
- Stimulating benefits package
If you are interested in this position, please send us your CV and Motivation letter exclusively in English.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.