We are looking for:
Data Center Developer
Location: Novi Sad
What will I be doing?
As a Data Center Developer you’ll work with our development team in creating software tools and automated programs that will be the heart and soul of our infrastructure. Achieving interconnectivity between data centers and customer 3rd party sites, tweaking configurations to achieve optimum efficiency, developing tools necessary for server provisioning, billing, and measuring bandwidth… If all of that sparks your interest, then you’re the person we’ve been waiting for!
Love sleeping in?
Well, your working hours are Monday to Friday, usually from around 12 PM to ensure overlap with the U.S.- based team.
This is a full time position; 40 hours per week
Which skills do I need?
- 3+ Years’ experience building web applications with the following:
- Experience with system administration on Windows and Linux based servers, including:
- Installing and configuring operating systems
- Adjusting configurations
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing system issues
- Strong knowledge of computer networking principals
- Comfortable with an IDE such as Eclipse
- Comfortable with VI and Linux text-based editors
We’re not expecting an expert in every programming language EVER. We want a curious mind who doesn’t back out of a challenge.
You’ll be our superstar if you know this as well:
- Apache and Tomcat
- Python, C#, VB.net
- Shell scripting
- Experience using PXEBoot
- Knowledge of enterprise Java application development frameworks such as Spring
- Knowledge of build automation tools such as Maven, Ant or Gradle
- Experience with Agile methodologies (Scrum, XP, Lean, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience with good engineering practices (test driven development, continuous integration and pair programming, etc.)
- Experience in distributed systems
- Experience in the Hosting Industry
What will I be doing?
- Developing and maintaining internal tools for server provisioning, upkeeping and reporting
- Developing and maintaining various automation projects as assigned
- Creating plans and documentation for related projects
- Performing testing scenarios to ensure code is working as intended
- Debugging and correcting errors in existing systems
- Establishing and maintaining communication with all stakeholders so as to tackle issues or anomalies that may arise during system development
- Interacting with other teams to ensure that all relevant departments are up to speed on all projects design developments
What we offer:
- Competitive salary
- Highly talented, professional and friendly team
- The ability to use cutting edge technologies
- Introductory training
- Possibility for personal and professional growth
- Flexible working hours
- Colorful offices in the city center
- Foosball and table tennis
- Free soft drinks, fruit, tea, and developer juice (a.k.a. coffee)
- Social activities and very friendly working environment
- All benefits paid pursuant to relevant Serbian laws
A little bit about us:
phoenixNAP® is a global IT services provider offering progressive Infrastructure-as-a-Service solutions from 6 locations worldwide based in North America, Europe, and Asia. Our bare metal server, cloud, hardware leasing and colocation options are built to meet the evolving technology demands businesses require without sacrificing performance.
Interested applicants are invited to send a covering letter and CV in English to Branka Mijatović, our Human Resources Manager.