At Seven Bridges we are building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis. Our team and product enable scientists to analyze genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, so they can focus on making progress in genomics and personalized medicine. Through our collaboration with the largest genomics projects, we connect the world’s biomedical information to enable the most efficient analysis at scale. We are a global company with offices in the US, UK, Serbia and Turkey, with roughly 300 employees and rapidly growing!
Do you want to help us engineer a healthier tomorrow, together?
As a member of our Engineering department, you will have the opportunity to extend our platform by building innovative tools and products, and be involved in designing new and custom solutions. You will work on a subset of our production services and tools and be involved with their design, implementation, integration, unit testing, as well as deployment and operation of these services. In addition, you will also be involved in understanding and analyzing various biomedical datasets on one end and design and implement the data ingress pipeline for various datasets used on the platform.
What you will be doing:
- All activities related to importing various datasets to Seven Bridges Platform
- Understanding the origin of data, both in terms of vocabulary and technical aspects of representing a dataset (established domain vocabularies, data formats, access policies, etc.)
- Interpreting data and advising on devising the best structure for the data that is imported to the Seven Bridges Platform
- Parsing the source data and transforming it to the above constructed model for it to be used on Seven Bridges Platform
- Managing data (follow changes) throughout its lifecycle, from creation and initial storage to the time it is archived for posterity or becomes obsolete and is therefore deleted
- Keeping track of the industry trends and updating/adapting data in order to provide ground for new features
- Understanding different datasets that cover different areas of research and advising on most beneficial ones to import to the Seven Bridges Platform
- Providing support for the available datasets on the Seven Bridges Platform
Do you have what it takes?
- An understanding of and experience in analyzing biomedical data
- Proficiency in Python and/or Java, data extraction, analysis and ETL (Extract Transform Load) process
- Passion for information retrieval problems and solutions
- Basic knowledge of different database systems, REST APIs and various data formats like XML, JSON, CSV, TSV...
It would be great if you:
- Have formal education in Medicine, Pharmacy, Molecular Biology or related scientific field
- Have basic knowledge of graph databases, graph algorithms and inference engines
- Feel comfortable with at least one major *NIX platform (Linux, OS/X, FreeBSD, etc.)
- Are familiar with Semantic Web technology stack: Ontologies, RDF, SPARQL, Linked Data
- Have experience with interactive visualization and infographic development
What is in Seven Bridges’ DNA?
Our Mission: Seven Bridges will significantly decrease the time, cost and risk to bring new precision medicine products to market by maximizing the productivity of bio pharma/tech research and development organizations in; formulation, productisation, identification, success and optimization.
Our Values: These represent who we are and what we stand for. We pride ourselves on being true to our values in everything we do. Building successful partnerships, acting with a sense of urgency, making scientists happy, acting with integrity, treating data with respect, committed to excellence and working together.
Our team and culture: With backgrounds in genomics, computer science and computational biology to sales and finance our talented team is passionate about building solutions to the most challenging problems of precision medicine. We believe that teamwork makes the dream work! By acting with empathy, supporting each other and learning from our challenges we exemplify commitment to quality results faster.
Our perks: We offer challenging career opportunities, competitive benefits and an environment that recognizes and rewards performance.
Enough about us, let’s talk about you!
If you have gotten this far and are looking for the right balance of teamwork, challenge, fun and would like to help push genomics forward please send us your resume and a cover letter. If your qualifications fit the profile we are looking for we will contact you in a timely manner.