Founded in 2011, the HolidayPirates Group is one of the fastest growing international travel companies, offering the best deals on cheap flights, hotels, and packages through its multiple travel portals.
HolidayPirates has more than 145 employees from 32 different countries, operating across 11 websites in 7 different languages. We currently have a presence in Germany, UK, Netherlands, Austria, Italy, Poland, France, Spain, Switzerland, and most recently, the USA.
Our group manages: Urlaubspiraten.de, HolidayPirates.com, Urlaubspiraten.at, PiratinViaggio.it, VakantiePiraten.nl, VoyagesPirates.fr, WakacyjniPiraci.pl, ViajerosPiratas.es, SemesterPiraterna Ferienpiraten.ch and Travelpirates.com
Companies founded under HolidayPirates Group are: VoyagesPirates SAS in France; HolidayPirates Ltd. in London; Flynder GmbH in Germany for selected and unique flight deals; Pirate Technologies d.o.o in Serbia for new technologies and the advancement of our own product; and the recently launched TravelPirates Corp. in the US.
Facts and figures:
- Headquarter based in Berlin
- Management consists of Igor Simonow and Sebastian Kaatz (both Co-founders) and David Armstrong (CEO)
- Numbers: More than 7.1 million Facebook fans, more than 3 million App downloads, more than 500.00 Newsletter subscribers and +300.000 registered users on the website
Data Engineer (m/f)
Permanent employee, Belgrade, Full-Time
As a new member of the HolidayPirates Group, Pirate Technologies d.o.o was founded by the group in Belgrade in late 2015. The base was established for further investments in new technology and the advancement of our own product.
Looking for a challenging job opportunities in Data Engineer?
We are looking for a Data Engineer to join our Data team to help us build great infrastructure, tooling and data pipeline for BI, research and product engineering teams. Our Data Team is responsible for building and running the systems that allow us to store, manage and expose our data in order to gain great insights and surfice best and most inspiring travel deals for our users.
Challenging enough? Read on!
DUTIES ON DECK:
Duties on deck:
- Continuously design, develop, and test data-driven solutions
- Help drive the optimization, testing and tooling to improve data quality
- Collaborate with software engineers, ML experts and business intelligence team
- Taking learning and leadership opportunities that will arise every single day
Your treasure of experience:
- Bachelor's Degree in an engineering or technical field
- 1+ years of experience with and detailed knowledge of data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL and reporting/analytic tools and environments, data structures
- 2+ years of experience with relational data modeling concepts
- Experience with Python (Pandas, Jupyter)
- Experienced with batch and real-time data processing frameworks (Scalding, Storm, AWS Kinesis, Kafka, or Spark)
- Experience with AWS is a plus
Our ship & our crew offer you:
- We will provide the technology equipment/gadgets of your choice
- We will give you freedom for your creativity
- Flexible working hours
- A corporate culture in which it is fun to contribute manpower and initiative
- A great team with smart colleagues
- Regular “Hack days” in order to try out new and interesting technologies and capabilities, as well as regular team events
- An attractive and competitive salary
- Support for relocation
- Barrels of juice and boxes of suits - as much as you like!
- Anchoring berth directly in Belgrade - Serbia
If you like our offer...
We are looking forward to receive your application in English. And don’t forget to let us know about your salary expectations and start date.