FishingBooker is the world's leading online travel company specialized in fishing. We are one of Southeast Europe's fastest-growing tech companies, enabling easy access to great fishing for anglers everywhere. In our 8th year of business, each year we help hundreds of thousands of people across the world to book their fishing trips.
We’re looking for a Data Engineer to join our growing team to be in charge of creating and maintaining the environment that allows almost every other function in the data world to operate.
Every new employee is a chance for a different perspective and diversification of our team. FishingBooker is focused on nurturing a culture where every team member has the support and freedom to do their job on the highest level.
About the job
The Data team in FishingBooker is a brand new team responsible for analyzing complex business problems and issues using data from internal and external sources to provide insights to our internal teams.
You will be working closely with Data Analysts and Engineers to build our data infrastructure from scratch and prepare the foundation to implement our data strategy.
- Build processes that support data transformation, data structures, metadata, or dependencies.
- Design and develop data flows to support large data sets and meet business requirements.
- Unify data extraction processes across various teams, clients and environments.
- Design, implement and manage integration tools, databases, warehouses, and analytical systems.
- Identify, investigate and solve data quality issues and make sure the data is secured and reliable.
At FishingBooker we look for people who contribute to a successful workplace for everyone. We value team members who are self-starting, innovative, ambitious, accountable, reliable, and social. You should know how to prioritize work, possess excellent communication skills, and numerate.
You might be a good fit for this role if you have:
- 3+ years of experience as a Data Engineer or in a similar role, working on data pipelines, warehouses, or scalable systems that deal with large amounts of data.
- Experience with Redshift, BigQuery, etc.
- Experience in custom ETL design, implementation, and maintenance.
- 3+ years of SQL experience with an in-depth understanding of relational databases and query authoring.
- A degree in Mathematics, Statistics, Computer Science, or another quantitative discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Team-oriented attitude and the ability to work well with others in order to achieve a common goal.
- It’s a plus if you are familiar with machine learning algorithms and have hands-on experience in machine learning pipeline development.
- Our backend infrastructure is written in PHP, so some experience in PHP is a plus.
Pay and benefits
- Full-time contract. FishingBooker hires Data Engineers on a full-time employment contract (ugovor o radu) with 20 days of paid vacation, plus public and religious holidays observed in Serbia.
- Pay in the top 10%. We pay in the top 10% of tech companies for tech roles in Belgrade, Serbia. We proactively share salary ranges with all candidates who pass the screening stage. This means there is no need to go through every stage of the interview process to find out your potential salary.
- Professional development. When we start working together, every six months (April and October) you will receive a detailed performance review from your team lead with clear instructions on how to grow further. During these periods, you will also be eligible for salary increases based on your performance and initiative.
- Flexible hours. You are free to set your own working hours, as long as they allow for good collaboration with your teammates. At FishingBooker, we value flexibility, freedom, and focus.
- Remote-friendly workspace. FishingBooker is a remote-friendly company and the majority of our team works from home. Once you’re fully onboarded, you will be able to choose whether you come to the office or work from the comfort of your home. This means that you don’t necessarily need to be located in Belgrade but, you need to be able to attend the final round of interviews and be onboarded initially in our office. Our office is next to Delta City in Novi Beograd.
- Private health insurance. You'll have a chance to participate in our private health insurance plan, fully subsidized by FishingBooker. Additionally, if you are interested in transferring your family to our insurance partner, we can assist with negotiating terms.
- Mentor and a full onboarding plan. Regardless of your level of experience, you will be assigned a mentor as well as a full onboarding plan where you will learn the ins and outs of the business, how we work in the team, and our tools. We also provide company-sponsored books, training, and courses.
- Company-sponsored fishing trips. It’s important that you get to experience the product FishingBooker sells, so we will treat the whole company to a fishing trip every year. In 2019 we went to Rovinj, Croatia and in 2018 we went to Fujairah, UAE. You will have a diverse team of supportive, caring, and friendly colleagues from all over the world with whom you’ll be able to enjoy additional team-building activities over the course of the year.
- Apple equipment. Our standard equipment setup typically includes the latest Apple Macbook Pro 13’ or 16’, coupled with 1-2 Dell Ultrasharp 24’ monitors and the Magic Mouse / Keyboard combo. If you prefer to work with a different setup, you’ll be able to choose your equipment, of course.
We look forward to hearing from you!
Deadline for applications: 09.10.2021.