Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary plus bonus
- Hybrid working
- 25 days' paid holiday increasing each year
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Private medical insurance
- Massages in the office
- Sweet Tuesdays
- Team sports activities
- Recruitment referral bonus
- Extra week off for new parents
Who are we?
Hyperoptic is the UK's hyperfast broadband provider.
We offer broadband speeds 11x faster than the UK average, proudly setting a new fibre ‘gold standard' with hyperfast speed, reliability and customer service.
Here in Belgrade, we support our UK colleagues in a shared mission: to gigabit Britain. Our office started up in Belgrade in 2013 with what was then 20 developers. Now it's grown into our largest office with more than 700 people.
Whatever we're doing, going beyond the expected is the benchmark.
We work smarter, together, being agile and responding with the speed our business and customers demand – without compromising on quality. We stay focused, performing at our best to ensure we are focused on hitting targets and goals together. And we strive for excellence, paying attention to the detail, constantly seeking to stretch ourselves and find better ways of doing things.
And today we're looking for a Data Engineering Manager who shares these values. Does this sound like you?
Summary of key responsibilities/deliverables:
This role is responsible for data strategy, architecture, and data quality in Hyperoptic. The role leads data roadmap and execution and will work closely with other divisions in order to ensure effective cross-divisional analytics & reporting.
This role is technical owner of data warehouse and, SmartAss System, competitive tool for analysing and planning top-level company roll-out strategy.
This is a wide-ranging role that involves collaboration with many different business stakeholders within Hyperoptic to help drive smart business decisions and will play key part in building Hyperoptic's data enabled future and analytics. The role must ensure high degree of satisfaction of internal customers.
What will you be doing?
- Partner with stakeholders and enable data ingestion, storage and processing to support wide range of business decisions: from strategic and long-term to operational.
- Responsible for System architecture to meet Company requirements and performance requirements.
- Technical ownership of SmartAss system.
- Integrating data from various Systems and running complex analytics to create location-enabled business intelligence: analyse market opportunity, plan top-level company roll-out strategy, estimate cost/revenue, competition analysis.
- Responsible for demand management across team, ensuring resources are utilised to their maximum ability and are accurately attributed to the deliverables needed by the Hyperoptic divisions.
- Managing team by setting SMART KPIs to team members, delegating and prioritizing workload, monitoring work in order to stay on track, addressing and unblocking issues.
- Making sure team understands company goals and how their work is contributing.
- Developing team members by create training plans and knowledge sharing opportunities to support team members in their personal development and conducting their annual appraisals and remuneration reviews.
What are we looking for?
- Experienced in managing expectations of Stakeholders and team members: creating road map, following progress, addressing blockers and issues.
- Proven experience of defining and implementing data strategy and governance.
- Understanding value levers and be able to translate KPIs to business activity.
- Experience in working with stakeholders to gather requirements.
- Understanding public cloud data platforms.
- Strong leadership skills to be able to lead the business through change.
- Problem-solving: ability to draw on professional knowledge and standard methodology to identify solution of complex problem.
- Accountability: ability to fully own end to end data strategy, architecture and governance.
- Very strong stakeholder management skills and ability to engage the business in change.
We're committed to providing equal opportunities to all applicants and employees. In fact, this is at the heart of our culture and values. We welcome applications from candidates from all walks of life.
What happens next?
- You apply
- We carefully review your application
- We'll get back to you — even if it's a no (for now).