Founded in 2010, Nordeus is the Belgrade-based games studio behind Top Eleven, the world’s most successful mobile sports game.
With big ambitions and a fiercely independent mindset, we strive to create competitive games, and enable millions of people around the globe to be champions. As we look for ways to make our games more appealing to our players, we lean heavily on research and game analytics for better understanding of user behavior and emotions.
Can you imagine just how many terabytes of data one mobile game can produce in a day?
It’s our Data Scientists who collect, cleanse, format, and model all that data in order to get a clear picture of how our users interact with our games and ultimately deliver a better, custom-made experience to our players. That’s where we could use your help!
We’re looking for a Data Scientist as passionate about this big old pile of raw data as we are! Someone who will create and implement advanced data science algorithms and models with the end goal of improving the way our users interact with and experience our games.
As a Data Scientist in Nordeus, you’ll get to:
- Play with terabytes of data generated by our games in order to produce meaningful input for our product teams;
- Develop and conduct data-driven research, forecasts and estimates to influence product decisions and development;
- Build descriptive and predictive models that build on our knowledge and understanding of players’ behavior;
- Build elegant and scalable game systems, based on behavioral mathematics and accurate simulations;
- Work closely with product teams and other Data Scientists to implement data science solutions and insights, making data pipelines an integral part of our production cycle;
- Make data available to everyone in a clear and comprehensive format by streamlining our reporting systems and metrics;
What this position isn’t:
- A full time machine learning position. We do use machine learning techniques to improve the product, but it’s only one part of the job.
- A full time BI position. We want our Data Scientists to report what’s going on, but also to proactively work on understanding data, and to make product recommendations.
What will you need to excel in this role:
- 2+ years of relevant experience in a data-driven environment; Proven track record of leveraging analytics and large amounts of data to drive significant business impact;
- B.S. in a highly quantitative field (CS, Math, Engineering or other technical field);
- Knowledge of predictive modeling, machine learning and statistics;
- Expert knowledge in some of the languages most commonly used in analytics (R, Matlab, or Python, etc.)
- A team player able to work collaboratively within the group and across business units/functions;
If you’ve also worked with robust statistical significance testing, A/B testing, or large datasets and big data systems (SQL, Hadoop, Apache Spark, etc.) - great! If not, that’s totally fine, we’re happy to share what we know.
Let us know if you’re interested, we’d love to meet you!