We are looking for:
Data Visualization Engineer
Seven Bridges Genomics is building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis on the market. We democratize genomics by enabling researchers anywhere to process and understand genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, at any scale. This allows them to focus on advancing their fields and making personalized medicine a reality.
The flexibility of our platform, in the hands of our large team of experts, allows us to collaborate with a wide variety of distinguished pharmaceutical, health-care, and academic partners. We help these partners investigate and treat all kinds of genetic disorders.
We are also excited to have been selected to participate in the National Cancer Institute's Cancer Cloud Pilot, which will accelerate and expand our vision.
Effective representation of complex data in visual form is critical to scientific discovery and clinical decision-making. When multi-dimensional data is properly displayed as an explorable, interactive visual object it can lead to important insight into patterns that underlie the data.
Our team is developing the next generation of bioinformatics tools for use with the genomic sequences of millions of patients. These tools will enable clinicians and basic scientists to study and understand the causes of human disease and advance cures.
As a member of our data Visualization team you will develop applications which will allow easier interaction and collaboration among scientists working on a wide range of projects and research topics, including rare genetic disorders and cancer.
An ideal candidate would:
- Be able to turn our data and analyses into accurate but visually striking interactive plots. that will enable and encourage basic scientists and clinicians to explore previously daunting data sets
- Have a strong passion for Information presentation problems and solutions
- Understand the common design patterns and engineering practices
- Have good communication skills and be proficient in both spoken and written English
- And we also think that...
- Feeling comfortable with at least one major *NIX platform (Linux, OS/X, FreeBSD, etc.) is a plus
- Good knowledge and hands-on experience with HTML5/CSS is a big plus
- We value our team more than anything else, and we like to learn from each other and share knowledge. In return, we offer an open work environment, flexible working hours, and great work conditions.
- If you would like to work with us and help us build the next generation of genomic analysis tools, please send your resume/CV and a cover letter.
- Thank you for your interest in Seven Bridges Genomics, however, due to the high volume of applications we will only contact those candidates whose skills and qualifications most closely suit our needs.