Work from home
We are looking for a motivated and talented individual to be part of a dynamic and growing DevOps engineering team.
We are are looking for motivated individuals interested in learning new technologies and skills, as well as those with experience in the field of Systems Engineering and DevOps.
For this role the ideal candidate has a great foundation in Linux and/or Windows scripting, server administration, and operations. This would include knowledge of both scripting languages like Bash as well as basic networking.
The DevOps Engineer must have good written and verbal communication skills in English and must be able to explain to the client how long tasks will take and be accurately able to estimate work.
The best candidate also has some experience in OOD (Object Oriented Development) in either Java, .NET, or Groovy so as to be able to participate in the development effort of groovy scripts and libraries as part of a CI/CD as code initiative developed for the Jenkins platform.
This is a position with a lot of learning/growth opportunity, the ideal candidate will show a desire and capability to learn new development platforms like Azure and AWS as well as new programming languages like Groovy.
From a DevOps perspective we want candidates who can either learn or have experience in using Jenkins, Artifactory, Sonar, Chef, and other DevOps technologies and tools. Fundamental understanding of DevOps, CI/CD, and Automation concepts is a must.
This is an Agile project and so the candidate must either have previous Agile experience or show willingness and ability to quickly learn the Agile development methodologies and philosophies.
The candidate must have actual full-time work experience, preferably with European or US clients, or have an extensive background in freelance work.
Responsibilities, Duties, and Skills:
- Develop automation and provisioing scripts for cloud based infrastructure using Cloud and scripting technologies.
- Utilize container technologies like Docker and Kubernetes to deliver infrastructure-as-code solutions.
- Understand Jenkins Architecture and multi-tenant, High Availability Jenkins configurations for creating a scalable CI/CD environment.
- Understand the fundamental concepts that are part of server administration and operations such as HA, DR, and Automation.
- Maintain a CI/CD environment utilizing Jenkins, Artifactory, Sonar, and Chef, as well as other technologies.
- Have experience with build tools like nuget, maven, msbuild, npm, and cmake.
- Object oriented development experience with either Groovy, Java, or .NET.