Endava is a privately owned IT services company with over 2,500 employees and offices in New York, Atlanta, New Jersey, London and Frankfurt and 6 delivery centers across Romania, Moldova, Macedonia, and Serbia. We strongly believe that our ability to deliver quality work while adapting easily and quickly to the evolving needs of our customers and people ensures our success. To support our core purpose of enabling our people to be the best that they can be, we invest in career development and building a strong learning culture within Endava.
As a DevOps engineer you will work on a key client account or in a multi-client team and support the DevOps team activity. You will be a part of the DevOps team or part of a development project and assist in daily operations, tickets, changes and tasks, deployments to development, test, performance and live environments, automation and service improvements.
Ideally you will have experience working in technical roles, but training will be given. It is beneficial to have skills and knowledge in setting up and maintaining continuous integration environment and pipelines. Ideally you will have exposure in applying ITIL practices. You need to be a good communicator, comfortable with dealing with developers, team members, internal and external teams.
- You will provide automation capabilities for build and deployment of software and environments
- Establishing new DevOps processes and systems to facilitate transition of code to production environments using best practice automation scripting (e.g. managing large development projects at varying stages)
- Managing the infrastructure required to distribute build artefacts to live customer systems
- Resolving any development or production deployment issues raised
- Developing and maintaining deployment tooling
- Working with product development team leads to ensure the smooth and timely transfer of code updates to live customer systems
- Working with software development team leads to introduce new technologies into products
- Documenting code in accordance with standards
- Working on projects to facilitate greater efficiency, economy and ease of use
- Investigating new technologies to drive improvement of systems.
- 2 years of experience with Java technologies and OO programming
- Linux knowledge
- Good understanding of at least one scripting language in addition to Bash (Ruby/Python/PHP)
- Experience with virtualization(VMware preferred)
- Experience with Agile/Scrum methodologies
- Experience with source control systems (Git, SVN, Perforce, etc.)
- Passion and initiative for continual learning about new technologies
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English
- Experience with highly scalable architectures
- Continuous integration concept and tools knowledge
If you are interested in this position and you have the required qualifications, please send your CV via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that due to large number of applications we receive, we will only contact those candidates that are selected for an interview. Thank you.