Humanity is a cloud-based workforce management software fueled by a commitment to innovation, iteration, and a customer-centric approach. Our platform brings together usability, smart design, and custom features to help managers and employees better organize and stay connected through our evolving suite of apps. Headquartered in San Francisco, with offices around the globe, we are connected by a culture that promotes creativity, teamwork, and transparent leadership.
We are looking for an experienced DevOps Engineer to join our Belgrade team of 70 creative and talented people.
- Agile-driven development environment.
- We’re a distributed team across the globe with offices in San Francisco and Belgrade.
- You’re a solution finder, above all else.
- Your ability to self-manage is a given.
- You have strong motivation to make product successful.
Your Primary Responsibilities
- Operational maintenance of our real-time platform, cloud, and physical infrastructure.
- Build automation scripts and alerts to monitor system health and perform capacity planning to keep our systems online and healthy.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose problems when they occur and trace the symptoms back to the root cause.
- Serve as an escalation point for support and build issues.
- Benchmarking new technologies and system architecture.
- 3+ years experience with Linux (we rely on CentOS and Debian distro)
- Solid experience with scripting languages like Bash, Php, Python, etc
- Configure services like Apache, Nginx, Redis, Named/DNS, Openvpn
- Databases MongoDB, MySQL (understanding of auditing and tuning processes)
- TCP/IP Networking, troubleshooting, performance tuning, routing
- Operating-system level virtualization, namespaces
- Application/service monitoring (Nagios, New Relic, Monit)
- Knowledge of basic server security
- Continuous Integration Systems, automated builds and deployments
- Load balancers, firewalls, high availability.
- Performance measuring, backups, archiving processes
- Cloud web services and supporting infrastructure.
- Experience exploring a wide variety of open source tools.
- Experience with large scale systems
What You Can Expect
- Competitive salary
- Modern offices in Central Belgrade
- Flexible working hours
- A creative and fun working environment
- Catered breakfast and lunch and fully-stocked kitchen
- Private health insurance
- In-house workout studio
- Company sponsored trainings, workshops, education, sightseeing trips and team building.