DevOps / Systems Engineer
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is the global leader in consumer transaction technologies, turning everyday interactions with businesses into exceptional experiences. With its software, hardware, and portfolio of services, NCR enables nearly 700 million transactions daily across retail, financial, travel, hospitality, telecom and technology, and small business. NCR solutions run the everyday transactions that make your life easier. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with approximately 29,000 employees and does business in 180 countries.
We are an entrepreneurial product organization for looking for a team-member who is a selfstarter and will both support and technologically contribute to our dynamic SaaS implementation. Our products support many sizes of customers, and our primary product – NCR APTRA Cash Management - is one of the top cloud-based Cash Management SaaS ATM, Branch, and Vault cash management products.
You will be a DevOps Engineer maintaining the operation and automation of our SaaS Cash Management OptiSuite application. OptiSuite software supports the cash inventory optimization of ATMs, branches, and vaults.
Key areas of responsibility:
- Administer & maintain our three-tier application infrastructure; Web-Server (Apache), Application Server (Tomcat), Database (Oracle)
- Understand Cash Management product suite (OptiSuite) application architecture and basic user workflows to enable effective new & existing customer deployment and upgrades
- Evaluate and grow application infrastructure per customer and application needs
- Support release management upgrades and deployment, automating when & where required
- Continuous Improvements to minimize manual Ops while improving availability
- Own capacity planning and infrastructure upgrades for compute platforms
- Support corporate and business critical security certifications
- Understand business domain quickly and be responsive to peer team needs
- Identify, troubleshoot, and resolve production issues and/or propose solutions
- Document, train, and mentor peer team members as required
- Bachelors Degree in a technical discipline or greater
- 1-3+ years of progressive experience with SaaS/DevOps
- Strong mastery of application server technologies
- Strong preference for previous Oracle administration/SQL experience
- Strong mastery of Windows Server OS and web stacks including Apache setup and management
- DevOps experience in writing and dealing with infrastructure as code
- Ability to trouble-shoot problems at any tier level
- Strong verbal, written, and presentation skills
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.