EVP of Engineering and Operations
$ 800k/Year Flexible Long-term
Good fit for: Senior Vice President, Executive Vice President, COO, General Manager, CEO
Crossover, the world’s largest remote work company, is looking for a seasoned executive with experience in a global leadership role. As the EVP of Engineering & Operations, you will lead the central organization towards achieving aggressive goals set by the CEO and COO of the group companies.
We are an organization where acquisitions of software companies are one of our primary goals. We acquire a company a week.
The EVP will play a significant role in the acquisition of some of these organizations and will lead the transformation and growth of any acquired company within our 90-day program.
Crossover recruits and builds world class high performing teams to power the fastest growing portfolio of software products in the world. No other company provides the training and the opportunities to test yourself on the depth and diversity of projects that we do. All roles are location independent so you are guaranteed to work with the best in the world. Challenge yourself. Be part of the change.
WHAT YOU'LL BE DOING
As an EVP of Software Engineering and Operations, you will run a world-class software engineering organization using radically differentiated processes. You will also run operations across a variety of disciplines including SaaSOps, IT Ops, Support, Marketing, Sales, and Finance.
You will be expected to hire, coach, and manage 5-15 SVP level executives who will be managing global groups with our factory-like processes.
You should drive weekly productivity improvements to attain much higher value than what you will find in other companies. You must continuously improve the quality of your teams using our global talent sourcing. You will leverage your technical depth as a former developer and architect to set a personal standard for excellence.
- Each week you will work across various areas of a company and be expected to:
- Attain continuous process improvements in productivity and cost reduction, across many business functions (Engineering, SaaSOps, IT Ops, Support, Marketing, Sales, and Finance)
- Manage 5-15 SVP-level executives who own a wide variety of critical business functions, but primarily focus on software engineering
- Be a key contributor to our acquisition process and transform acquired companies within 3 months
- You will also be expected to learn our remote work management methodology which is radically different from that of other organizations, and apply your learnings during your coaching with SVPs and VPs.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or Physics is mandatory (MS is preferred)
- Proven track record running a 500+ person software engineering and operations organization
- Experience managing at least 3 functions (e.g., sales, support, finance) outside of software engineering.
- Spent at least 2 years in a hands-on software coding and architecture role
- An advanced level of English
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
As an EVP of Engineering in our organization, you will learn what it takes to handle aggressive growth where we measure success on a daily and weekly basis.
You will learn the importance of deep dives to resolve problems with your teams as well as the importance of managing your team on a daily basis against quarterly set quantifiable goals which deliver real business value.
You will learn to measure and track output and results and how to automate everything that you do. You will learn how to overcome the challenges of managing a fully remote workforce of over 1,250 people. Ultimately though, you will learn to move fast, take risks, and learn from failures. You will never be bored.