Ebury is a Global FinTech: we apply new technologies to enhance and automate financial services and processes. This allows small and medium-sized businesses to trade and transact internationally by eliminating boundaries related to more traditional procedures.
Founded in 2009, we are now positioned among the fastest-growing companies in the sector! Headquartered in London, we have more than 1000 staff covering over 50 nationalities (and counting!) working across more than 27 offices worldwide and serving more than 45,000 clients every day.
Hard work pays off: Ebury has just received a £350 million investment from Banco Santander and has won over 20 internationally recognised awards such as the Growing Business of the Year 2019: Larger Company (Turnover £50m+) and Financial Times: 1000 Europe's Fastest-Growing Companies (which we have been awarded twice: 2017 and 2019!).
None of this would have been possible without what we’re most proud of: our great community. Enthusiastic, disruptive and collaborative teams, always ready to innovate and revolutionize the fast-paced Fintech dimension.
As an Engineering Director, you will own a Technology department Platform’s delivery commitments and performance. You will negotiate with stakeholders to deliver a good mix of tech and product improvements that yield the best outcome to meet Ebury’s strategic plan.
The Platform Group in Ebury Technology Department is responsible for the reliability of the platform. With responsibility for its cloud infrastructure, support operations and release management.
You will form, grow and evolve a team of highly motivated individuals that focus on accountability and continuous improvement.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- They own the Service Level Objectives of the Platform ensuring Reliability and Flexibility of the infrastructure.
- They are accountable for support services for internal and external users as a Level-2 and Level-3 with 24x5 response times for incidents and emergencies.
- They lead the CI/CD and automation of Quality Gates within Ebury.
- They are accountable for team Quality, Productivity and Predictability performance.
- They motivate team members to stay curious and continuously improve quarter to quarter.
- They own delivery commitments of the group to product management and other stakeholders
- They lead by defining quarterly KPIs and using data to monitor progress and achievement.
- They care deeply about performance, reliability and scalability and own (define, implement, improve) appropriate metrics to measure them.
- They promote a value(customer and company )-centric culture across team members
- They work with the Tech Architecture and Product functions to implement the technology roadmap.
- They drive a team-based culture based on agile principles and promote ownership between team members.
- They own team members' performance and potential; actively take action to plan their career paths or manage low performance.
- They proactively manage team headcount, driving the hiring process for new members and mitigate attrition risks.
- They keep high performers in Ebury and help them define a career plan beyond the scope of their organisation (if needed).
- They are accountable for the infrastructure and software costs of their group.
- Experienced running mission critical platform and infrastructure cloud environments
- Led 24x5 follow-the-sun support teams from Financial or similar sector platforms
- Shows a broad understanding of the business context of work happening across the organisation.
- Recognised industry leader in their Group area. Can discuss technical solutions with their teams.
- Good English communication to a diverse audience (individual team contributors to Senior management)
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Previously managed teams with production systems recognisable for outstanding performance.
- Experience leading engineering teams +50 people across multiple regions including remote team members.
WANT MORE REASONS TO JOIN US?
- Work on remote-first teams, so you won’t miss on water cooler conversations
- You will work remotely, but you will never feel alone. Get introduced to others via Donuts
- Get ready to enjoy and become a crucial part of the project since day 1! With our remote-focus onboarding process
- Live wherever you want, but we look for stability. At this point in time, we are not open to digital nomads.
- Work autonomously.
- Keep 100% focused!