LearnUpon is looking for an Engineering Manager to join our team in Serbia or Ireland.
LearnUpon LMS helps organizations train their employees, partners, and customers. Businesses can manage, track, and achieve their unique learning goals — all through a single, powerful solution.
With offices in Dublin (our HQ), Philadelphia, Utah, Belgrade, and Sydney, we are a team that puts our customers' experience at the heart of everything we do. We're always striving for the best solution (not the easy one), and we go the extra mile to deliver work we're proud of.
Our culture fosters open, collaborative environments where our team and individual accomplishments are celebrated and encouraged. Join LearnUpon, where we work together as a friendly, supportive team who, most importantly, like to have fun.
As an Engineering Manager in our Engineering group, you will be a key technical leader and role model within the organization. You’ll be leading a team of Engineers to design and deliver a scalable, best-in-class LMS and you’ll grow and strengthen the great company culture that we have in LearnUpon.
What will I be doing?
- Lead and manage a team of Engineers
- Mentor and grow top engineering talent
- Participate in or drive key technical and design discussions with the team
- Drive execution of product and technology road map by collaborating with Engineering, Product, Partnerships, and other business partners
- Create a collaborative work environment that fosters ownership, accountability, transparency and innovation
- Be a role model with a dedication to action and a high bar for craftsmanship
- Provide input to the overall long-term technology road map
- Ability to identify problems and work to continually improve productivity and efficiency
What skills do I need?
- 2+ years of hands-on technical management experience
- 5+ years of programming experience in software design and development in an object-oriented programming language such as Java, C/C++, Ruby, C#
- Deep knowledge of developing web applications
- Superb written and verbal English communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
- Ability to convey just the right message to just the right people at just the right time, with the purpose of keeping the business moving forward
- Knowledge of (and a passion for) current trends and best practices in software design and architecture, including performance, security and scalability
- Strong understanding of and passion for craftsmanship
Don’t worry if you don’t tick every box in order to apply, we’re always happy to review applications and take all experience into consideration. We do our best to provide feedback where we can!
Not required but considered a plus
- Experience leading a large organization
- Experience working with and leading teams in multiple locations
- Experience in building and running large scale distributed systems
- Track record of recruiting and growing top talent
- A technology qualification (Degree or equivalent) in a field of study such as Computer Science or Engineering.
Why work with us?
- Work in a fun and supportive environment with regular team events.
- Excellent career progression - take LearnUpon where you think it can go.
- Structured learning environment.
- Competitive salary and company ESOP.
- Employer Contributed Pension.
- Private health insurance.
- 25 days annual leave + 1 annual company wellness day off.
- Flexible Working Arrangements - work with your Manager to determine the best working hours and location (home, office, hybrid) in order to help you balance work and family life, and to suit your lifestyle.
What is the Hiring Process?
Applicants for the position can expect the following hiring process:
- Qualified applicants will be invited to schedule a 30-minute call.
- Successful candidates will then be invited to a series of practical interviews.
- Finally, candidates will have a short interview with our CTO.
- Successful candidates will be contacted with an offer to join our team.
LearnUpon is an Equal Opportunities Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of gender, marital status, family status, age disability, sexual orientation, race, religion, membership of the Traveller community, or any other legally protected status.
Visit our Careers site to find out more about working for LearnUpon, and check us out on Instagram.