We are looking for:
Front End Architect
Location: Novi Sad / Belgrade
Who are we?
CCBill forms part of CWIE LLC based in Phoenix Arizona, under which there are two main companies, CCBill and Phoenix NAP.
CCBill handles online payment processing services and affiliate marketing solutions while PhoenixNAP offers a state of the art Data Centre, Secured Cloud Services, Secured Servers and Colocation. We’ve been operating in the USA since 1993 and have offices in Malta, Amsterdam and Novi Sad, Serbia.
We operate out of datacenters in Phoenix, Ashburn, Atlanta and Amsterdam with more than 1000 network devices and maintain 5000 servers across all locations and deployment of 100,000+ in systems over the last 3 years. Our enterprise systems and infrastructure spread across 3 locations to ensure high availability, disaster recovery and redundancy. We comply strictly within PCI DSS standards and are accredited twice yearly.
One of the great things about working with our company, besides the enterprise level systems, is the ability to use the latest cutting edge technologies and work alongside a talented, creative and professional team.
The main purpose of this position is to define Front-End technology architecture that is in line with, and supports the company's business strategy and information technology architecture. The Front-End Architect will assist business specialists and software architects to achieve strategic goals; participate in architect designs and development and apply various principles of Front-End and software architecture in new business procedures.
He/she will provide strategic direction by performing future oriented Front-End architectural research and creating new Front-End architectural concepts for various projects.
KEY JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ability to design Front-End systems exhibiting flexibility, scalability, security, reliability, and maintainability; must understand tradeoffs of each.
- Must be able to master and keep abreast of the CCBill Front-End architecture and be able to successfully support future and current projects.
- Applies existing Front-End solutions and frameworks where applicable to fulfil new project requirements; favour integration over creation.
- When needed, designs UIs based on new technologies to fulfil requirements and ensure that Front-End design is within the technical strategic direction that fits within CCBill’s overall software and system architecture; makes recommendations for strategy change and improvement.
- Interacts with other business specialists, architects, team leads, quality assurance, and testing teams to collaborate on system designs to ensure successful project completion according to requirements and to ensure that those solutions fit within enterprise product roadmaps.
- Responsible for learning new Front-End technologies and finding relevant applications in order to analyse their validity and disseminates valuable technology and application research and knowledge to department team members.
- Analyzes the performance of hardware and software interfaces and identifies alternatives for optimizing the usage of computer resources and develops recommendations based on analysis.
- Participates in analysis and design activities so as to produce a viable system design that fits within the overall system architecture whilst addressing all elicited requirements.
- Helps other team members with any issues they may encounter so as to maintain overall team effectiveness.
- Actively seeks to promote a healthy team environment so as to maintain and increase overall team morale and individual team members’ job satisfaction.
- Whenever needed, interacts and assists with members of other teams so as to contribute to the overall company culture.
- Carries out day-to-day communication with other teams so as to ensure that all team members are sufficiently aware of work being carried out by their colleagues.
- Keeps supervisor(s) informed about any issues that may arise.
- Establishes and maintains communication with all stakeholders so as to tackle issues or anomalies that may arise during system development.
- Interacts with other teams to ensure that all relevant departments are up to speed on all projects design developments.
Minimum (Necessary) Qualifications:
- Excellent leadership, teamwork and communication skills.
- Exceptional business and technical knowledge.
- Driven, creative and results oriented.
- Superb presentation ability.
- Able to manage work load and abide to tight deadlines.
- A First Degree in ICT or equivalent accredited qualifications.
- In-depth experience with UI template engines
- In-depth experience with major JS libraries (e.g. jQuery, DOJO etc.)
- In-depth experience with JS tooling such as Grunt, Gulp, Bower, NPM, Protractor, etc.
- Experience with responsive design.
- Knowledgeable of latest standards in Web Application workflows and tooling and keeps abreast of upcoming innovations and standards.
- Awareness of Open Source UI community solutions and 3rd party solutions in the marketplace.
- Good understandings of REST and JSON.
- Good programming language skills such as Java, C, C++.
- Good understanding of backend web server technologies such as Tomcat, HTTPD, Java, Groovy and Perl.
- Experience working with enterprise level tools such as source control and continuous integration systems.
- Ability to create and maintain professional work environment.
- Experience with distributed software systems and remote invocation technologies.
- Exposure to high volume, high-availability web applications.
- Ability to communicate technical issues to non-technical people in business language.
- Experience with any version of UNIX and MS Windows operating systems.
- Experience with database systems; preferably MySQL and MongoDB.
- Mastery of written and spoken English.
- Must be an EU national due to work permit restrictions.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Experience with mobile web and application design.
- Experience with SEO concepts.
- Experience using version control systems.
- Prior implementations using the Spring framework, Spring MVC and other Spring-related technologies.
- Prior implementations using Hibernate or similar O/R mapping tools.
- Experience with light-weight web servers such as Node.js.
- Experience with automation tooling such as Maven, Gradle, etc.
- Experience with the Eclipse IDE.
- Interest in team sports and group activities.
What we offer:
- Highly talented, professional and friendly team
- The ability to use cutting edge technologies
- Introductory training in the US or Malta (two or three weeks)
- Possibility for personal and professional growth
- Flexible working hours
- Colorful offices in the city center
- Unlimited soft drinks, tea and coffee
- Social activities and very friendly working environment
- All benefits paid pursuant to relevant Serbian laws
Please send your CV in English.