We are Semrush, a global IT company developing our own product – a platform for digital marketers.
And this is our Frontend Developer role for those who want to turn ideas into reality using code, algorithms, and maybe a bit of magic.
Tasks in the role
We think that this experience and competences will help our future colleague to join the team.
- User interface development based on the company’s UI-kit libraries.
- Development of npm libraries to be used by other teams.
- Designing and writing new projects. Migration of legacy code base into new solutions.
- Writing unit tests and webpack builds.
Who we are looking for
- 2+ years of development experience.
- Experience with React and TypeScript.
- Thoughtful attitude toward unit tests.
These will be considered an advantage
- Web security skills.
- Experience working with billing systems.
- Willingness to learn.
- Ability to discuss, present, and make decisions independently.
A bit about the team
The Ginger Team develops and maintains a billing system and handles all issues related to payment and financial reporting. This includes payment forms, tax calculations, client payment profiles, website control panels with reporting, etc.
Due to the large number of tasks, we are looking for an extra Frontend Developer to join our team.
Payment Solution is Semrush’s key product. No other product can receive payments without it. It’s a big responsibility, so it has high requirements in terms of reliability and quality.
We have more than five hundred professional internal users and over six million external users.
Currently, the team consists of ten specialists—a Product Owner, a Product Manager, four Backend Developers, one Frontend Developer, two Quality Assurance Specialists, and one DevOps Specialist. We expect further recruitment to the team with future expansion into working groups or full-fledged teams.
Our decisions are made based on team consensus. Everyone can give their opinion on what can be done better.
There is freedom in choosing the technical approach and solutions. There is no person at the top who tells you what to do. You don’t just write code, you interact with your colleagues to understand how to do the task better and what the exact goal is.
Our technology stack:
- Backend—Python 3 (new services), PHP (legacy), MySQL, and PostgreSQL.
- Infrastructure—Kubernetes and Gitlab CI.
We will try to create all the right conditions for you to work and rest comfortably
- It’s up to you to decide what work format works best for you. You can #wfo, #wfh, or mix both.
- Flexible working day start
- Health insurance (Employee + family)
- Psychologist consultations
- Breakfast, snacks, and coffee at the office
- Corporate events
- Compensation for sports and hobby expenses (Employee+Family)
- Training, courses, conferences
- English courses
- Gifts for employees
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
Finally, a little more about our company
Semrush is a leading online visibility management SaaS platform that enables businesses globally to run search engine optimization, pay-per-click, content, social media and competitive research campaigns and get measurable results from online marketing.
We've been developing our product for 13 years and have been awarded G2's Top 100 Software Products, Global and US Search Awards 2021, Great Place to Work Certification, Deloitte Technology Fast 500 and many more. In March 2021 Semrush went public and started trading on the NYSE with the SEMR ticker.
10,000,000+ users in America, Europe, Asia, and Australia have already tried Semrush, and over 1,000 people around the world are working on its development. The Semrush team is constantly growing.
Our new colleague, we are waiting for you!
Semrush is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, creed, color, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, ancestry, physical or mental disability, or medical condition including medical characteristics, genetic identity, marital status, military service, or any other classification protected by applicable local, state or federal laws. All employment decisions are based on business needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications.