Full-Stack Web Developer
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Reports to: CTO
Status: Full time
Embroker is a Silicon Valley based startup that’s building the future of insurance, a $5T global industry. Founded in 2015, Embroker has already been named one of the innovators shaping the future of finance by Goldman Sachs, and one of the startups disrupting trillion-dollar industries by CNBC. Embroker is headquartered in San Francisco, with other offices in Chicago, Boston, and Belgrade.
Our team is a diverse and talented group with deep experience in insurance, engineering, product design, sales, and marketing. We work hard, have fun solving hard problems, and love pushing the boundaries of what’s possible in our industry.
We're looking for talented, obsessive people to join us in building the world's first next- generation insurance company. We promise cutting-edge challenges, the opportunity to work with superstars, constant improvement, and massive upside for those who contribute and grow with the company.
Interested in joining us? We'd love to hear from you.
About the position
Required experience and skills
- Proven experience building scalable server side components. Experience with Web servers, REST APIs and SQL
- Have a hands-on experience with HTML/CSS
- Excellent knowledge and proven experience with at least one major object-oriented programming language (C#, Java, C++, Objective-C…)
- Knowledge of relevant theoretical concepts (algorithms, data structures etc.)
- Ability to write clean, well-designed and high quality code in highly collaborative agile development environment
- Good knowledge of English language, conversational and written
Additional Desired Skills
- Experience with ES6 and/or TypeScript/Flow
- Experience with Flux/Redux
- Experience with Node.js
- Experience with Go programming language
What Embroker offers
- Competitive salary & paid vacation
- Comfortable work environment
- Scrum environment
- Flexible working hours
- Top-of-the-line tools
- Smart, like-minded colleagues
- Team building events
- Opportunities for advancement, training, and certification
- In-office drinks, snacks, fruits, etc.
- Subsidized fitness card
- Subsidized parking, transportation or healthcare
- Chance to shape the future of insurance