The World Bank Group Office in Belgrade, Serbia is looking for a dynamic and highly motivated candidate with outstanding interpersonal skills, ability to interact with an extensive network of contacts, strong written and verbal communication skills in English, for the following position:
The World Bank Group (WBG) is the world’s largest source of funding and knowledge for development solutions. It uses its financial resources and extensive experience to help client countries reduce poverty, increase economic growth, and improve quality of life. It is governed by 188 member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with over 16,000 staff globally. The World Bank Group office in Belgrade, Serbia consists of 155 professionals, of which 95 are regularly in the CO, and 60 are consultants frequently using the office, and visiting mission teams.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- Responds to Tier I support requests via multiple sources such as phone and email. Enters call data into the incident/service management system; interacts with clients in a courteous and professional manner.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses problems by evaluating multiple options using checklists and guides; seeks technical assistance or escalates problems, when necessary; implements predetermined software or hardware changes to rectify any issues.
- Documents incident/problem status and resolution in the service management system; documents solutions to common problems and responses to frequently asked questions.
- Works with basic infrastructure products and basic networking products; provides maintenance and support for basic client products, peripherals, network and physical moves.
- Setup, configure, and maintain video-conference, audio-visual equipment and other electronic devices for presentations or conferences.
- Work closely with other IT support channels, both within the region and in Washington DC.
- Configures, installs and troubleshoots PCs, peripheral equipment, and other personal computing devices.
- Ensures proper functioning of all office technology equipment, including PCs, telephone system, fax machines, printers, copiers, scanners, docking stations, etc.
- Ensures that Bank’s information and IT systems are protected in a manner consistent with Bank information security policy, procedures and standards.
- Maintains a proper inventory of all IT related equipment and software.
- Provides direction, support and training to the WBG staff on standard Bank applications; helps staff solve problems with hardware, software and network service issues.
- Disseminates IT information to the office and visiting staff.
- Keeps him/ herself abreast with technologies (hardware and software) deployed in Serbia WB office.
- Follows Standard Operating Procedures and demonstrates commitment to achieve agreed SLAs and goals of the team.
- Serve as a back-up for the WBG Information Analyst when he is out office and performs any analytical tasks as requested.
- Supports the World Bank's communication network infrastructure (MPLS, Routers, Switches, Hubs, Local ISP links, etc.); ensure that the network is functioning on a 24x7 basis; liaise with the local ISP, Telecom provider and the World Bank's Network Operations Center (NOC) if required.
- In-depth understanding of information technology to include common computer applications, operating systems, hardware, networks, and messaging systems of the types used by the WB.
- Strong Hands-on experience in resolving common problems in Computer Hardware, MS Outlook, Remote Access and Network communications.
- BS degree in Computer Sciences, Engineering, Information Systems Management, or related field or equivalent work experience of three years.
- Industry certifications like ITIL, PMP, MS certifications etc. are preferred.
- Min 3-years’ experience in a relevant technical field is an advantage.
Communication and Customer Service:
- Excellent English verbal and written communication skills are a must.
- Superior customer service approach in dealing with people at all levels in an organization.
Terms and Conditions:
The IT Assistant will work under the supervision of IT Analyst and will also frequently interact with a large regional and international team based in Washington DC.
The IT Assistant is expected to work up to 150 days per year (the WB Fiscal Year runs between July 1 and June 30).
Interested applicants should forward their CV and motivation letter in English, including their education qualifications, at least one professional reference and any relevant experience to perform the job by midnight 31.07.2019. Please forward the material electronically. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews. The World Bank Group values diversity and encourages all qualified candidates who are nationals of the World Bank Group member countries to apply, regardless of gender, gender identity, religion, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or disability.