CorporationNCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, healthcare, hospitality, entertainment, gaming and public sector organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia.
Information Security Incident Handler
POSTION SUMMARY & KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- The Information Security Incident Handler shall be responsible for the day-to-day activities required to respond to both routine and high severity incidents. Working in a collaborative team environment, the Incident Handler will investigate information security incidents and escalate when required. The Incident Handler shall work in a collaborative manner with key incident management team members, management and other stakeholders to ensure security incidents are contained, eradicated, remediated and after action review is held according to corporate policy. With the overall goal to improve NCR’s risk profile.
- The Incident Handler is expected to contribute to weekly status calls, work on the on-call rotation which includes working off hours/weekends, and respond to ad hoc requests as part of this position. The Incident Handler will work with stakeholders and team members to assist with improving incident response processes that are aligned with the mission of the office of the CISO. This position will report to the Incident Management Team Leader.
- Effectively apply corporate incident handling procedures by leading information security incident meetings and documenting related activities
- Triage, respond to and escalate security incidents
- Coordinate incident response activities across multiple independently managed environments and security teams
- Utilize multiple security/threat intelligence tools and resources to research threats
- Analyze and respond to reported SPAM and Phishing e-mail
- Work will sometimes require working after hours and being on a team of on-call individuals
- Strong knowledge of network, backend systems, OSes, applications and web services in a manner that allows for the interaction of all as it relates to security and services.
- Ability to apply analytical expertise and critical thinking to security incidents
- Ability to assimilate, understand and utilize various security technologies
- BS in Computer Science, Information Security, or a related field
- 3+ years working in the Information Security
- 7+ years of experience in Information Technology
- Experience with event escalation, reporting and investigation
- Industry certifications related to security and incident handling
- Russian language skills
Deadline for applications: 27.04.2017.
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.