Get to know us
eyeo is an open source software company whose ad-filtering technology powers products like Adblock Plus, Adblock and Adblock Browser, while innovating privacy-first products like Crumbs that still offer monetization options. We build, monetize and distribute solutions that give users control over their online experience while offering creators, publishers and advertisers more ways to earn money for the content they provide.
In combining our reach of distribution partnerships and our own products, our technology runs on over 225 million devices.
At eyeo, we’re passionate about user agency, personal privacy, sustainability and keeping the web an open, fair resource for everyone.
How we work
eyeo has colleagues based all over the world. We practice agile and work in distributed, cross-functional teams that span nearly every timezone. Many of our tech teams prefer to work asynchronously.
After your morning coffee, you'll be expected to...
Implementation and management of ISMS including but not limited to:
Internal Audit Management
- Develop internal audit framework for eyeo
- Conduct audits and manage remediation of findings
- Automate the internal audit process
Policies, Governance & Compliance
- Create and update internal security policies and guidelines
- Define measurements of security controls
- Ensure security controls are effective
- Manage remediation of other security findings
- Create, maintain and perform risk reporting (Dashboards)
- Maintain Risk Management processes
- Write incident playbooks (multiple common types for investigation and closure)
- Maintain the incident management process
- Develop and continuously improve internal security awareness program
- Implement and perform an internal security awareness and training program
- Support other teams and projects in applying security policies and guidelines
- Support eyeo in the development and automation of processes to simplify risk management and compliance with a security policy that is easier to achieve and audit
- Support other eyeo teams on mitigating security findings
What you bring to the table...
- Knowledge of relevant standards and security frameworks, e.g. ISO 27001, NIST CSF
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience with implementing and maintaining ISMS
- Fluent English language skills (written and spoken) and German would be good to have
- Ability to work in a remote team/location and be interested in interdisciplinary work
- Bachelor degree in the computer science / engineering, or related fields.
It's awesome, but not required, if you know about...
- Project Management / Cybersecurity Certifications, e.g. CISM, CISSP.
- Open source & privacy affinity
- Working in and with agile teams
What we offer
- Work from home or one of our offices —we trust you to find what works best for you
- Stipend for one of the following: home office or relocation
- Flexible working hours
- 28 days paid vacation days
- Your choice of hardware and setup
- Personal and professional development budget
- Monthly childcare stipend for children under 6
- Offsite team days and annual summer company retreat in Cologne
- Company-sponsored hackathons