Required: Firestarter-level Data Hackers, Heroes and Rebels
Are you a Firestarter, a Data Disruptor, a Platform Pro?
Have you got the skills, smarts and attitude to build the data platform for the world’s visionary companies? Do you have the courage to revolutionize the data stack? Can you enable the next generation of digital businesses to change the world?
Want to be part of a culture that stands out from the crowd? You do? Good. We want you to join eVision Solutions and unleash your power on our killer platform for digital transformation.
Who is eVision Solutions?
Good question. eVision Solutions supports large organizations to increase eﬃciency and reduce costs and risk by designing and implementing empowered digital solutions to create new knowledge. Our goal is to make enterprises open and business processes agile through the use of the best Open Source technologies. Our team is formed by the synergy between young talented specialists and experience professionals whose aim is to deliver added-value projects with a pro-active commitment to implement solutions tailored to our client’s needs in an agile and flexible way.
How do you do that? Another excellent question. Our platform connects, translates and normalizes any kind of data. It enables large enterprises to create a ‘Data Supply Chain’ that works on premise, in the cloud and connects any device. Built on top of existing infrastructure, it is the business agility layer that bridges the gap between business and IT. So not only technologists, but marketing, operations, sales and business functions can build transformational products and platforms, models and markets without losing the value of their legacy systems. Our platform makes the process of getting from business case through to proof of concept, API, prototype and deployment faster, smarter and leaner. Our clients include Johnson & Johnson, Credit Suisse, Konica Minolta and more.
The only problem we have is that we’re missing this one piece… You.
Is This You?
We believe great people build great products to serve great partners. We believe in investing in our people and culture to ensure every employee is tremendously successful. We believe every employee should be open, courageous, diverse, radical and responsive. And those aren’t just some meaningless words on a wall. We live and breathe our core values in everything we do.
But most importantly, we want people who love being challenged, people who don’t follow the status quo, people who kickass and take names (not literally) and all around good people who enjoy working in a fun environment. Keep reading if this sounds like you.
The Role: Innovative Front End Developer
Job location: Belgrade
We are looking for a UI developer with experience in using state-of-the-art technologies in creating HTML5 applications. You will bring in a wealth of creativity and sound technical skills to implement user interfaces based on our data platform’s REST API. As part of the eVision Data Lab team, you will be surrounded by a focused group of rockstars (not literally rockstars, but you get the point), hand-picked with diverse skills and equipped to provide the best support to our community, customers, partners and colleagues. Have you ever want to experiment with new technologies, new paradigms, new perspectives and try out your own ideas to provide the most compelling user experience - then welcome to our team!
What You’ll Do At eVision:
- Develop new user-facing features based on REST API.
- Design front-end applications taking into account the user experience.
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize applications for maximum speed and scalability.
- Work closely with geographically distributed teams and customers, and collaborate with cross-team leads to define, implement and consume services, components and modules.
Your Techie Credentials:
- At eVision, a BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject is nice to have… but we care much more about your ability to kick ass in the areas below.
- Required, killer knowledge of:
- Web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- RESTful services.
- Asynchronous request handling, partial page updates and AJAX.
- Experience with:
- Image authoring tools to be able to crop, resize or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as as Gimp or Photoshop is a plus.
- UI/UX design.
- Proficient understanding of:
- Cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Code versioning tools, such as SVN and git.
The Life and Times At eVision:
- Our employees see working in small groups or pairs (remote or locally) as an effective way to:
- Ensure quality, transparency, honesty and openness
- Raise truck factor
- Transfer knowledge and methodology
- Build a real social network
- Discover brilliant concepts and solutions
- Motivate each other
- Develop a shared vision
- Have fun with your colleagues
- Proactive mentality, or as we like to say “being a badass.”
- Attitude: Open. Courageous. Radical. Responsive.
- We love being faced with a problem and the challenge of solving it, typically having a hacker attitude to reach beyond barriers found in present technologies.
- We are self-starters who work with the attitude “nothing is impossible.” We’re constantly pushing the limit of existing tools, libraries & technologies to build our technology upon.
- We use open source tools and frameworks if they support our ideas, but create our own based on our paradigm to natively integrate them. For example, we built our own dependency management solution and respective Eclipse plugins to name a couple.
- We are not afraid to iterate our solutions multiple times to distill the best possible result.
- Our commitment to each other doesn’t restrict itself to work, we enjoy after work drinks, adventure sports, exploring the city and discussing world affairs to name a few.