Java Web Application Developer
Work from home
The Java Web Application developer will be responsible for creating designing and developing web applications using the Java and J2EE technology stack focused on Spring and Hibernate.
The programmer must have good written and verbal communication skills in English and must be able to explain to the client how long projects will take and be accurately able to estimate work.
This is a position with a lot of learning/growth opportunity, the ideal candidate will show a desire and capability to learn new development platforms like Azure and AWS as well as new programming languages like XSLT, since there is a heavy content development aspect to this position as well.
There will also be a DevOps aspect to this position, so the candidate will also be required to learn DevOps technologies like Jenkins, Artifactory, bash, PowerShell, and Groovy Scripting.
The candidate must have actual full-time work experience, preferably with European or US clients, or have an extensive background in freelance work.
Responsibilities, Duties, and Skills:
- Develop new Java Web Applications using MVC and Entity Framework
- Experience working and developing on SQL RDBMS technologies like SQL Server or MySQL, but there will also be an opportunity to work on NoSQL technologies like Neo4J and Mongo DB.
- Both Windows and Linux experience is also preferred including the ability to work with Batch, Bash, and Powershell scripting.
- Manage and maintain DevOps build environment including Jenkins and utilizing CI/CD as code technologies like SharedLibrary and groovy scripting.
- Experience with XSLT is not required, but the developer will need to learn XML, XSD, XPATH, and XSLT technologies.