Job location: Novi Sad
Our mission is to make software delivery awesome. Tens of thousands of developers in lean companies such as 500px, General Assembly, and CrunchBase use our product Semaphore to test and deploy their code.
We work in small teams and focus on constantly delivering value to our users through daily standups, pull requests, code review, and continuous deployment.
We are looking for candidates who are in the mindset of continuous improvement, can communicate well, and who respect and empathize with their colleagues.
Our team is partly remote, with employees in Europe, Asia and North America, and the right candidate can thrive in an environment of asynchronous communication. We expect you to have strong communication skills and be able to create working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
- Write clean, tested and readable code.
- Own what you make. Be responsible for deploying your features (which is easy, since we're using Semaphore to build Semaphore), as well as for implementing and tracking key usage and performance metrics.
- Review peer code respectfully.
- Collaborate with backend engineers and the design team, and actively provide feedback.
- Stay current with development trends.
- Think like a user, and care about the user experience.
- Own up to mistakes (we all make them), and learn from them.
- Ask for help when you get stuck or are out of your depth, help your peers when they are.
What we're offering
- Exposure to the latest technologies, good practices (hackile, devops, continuous delivery), big challenges, and the impact of working on a product that's competing on a global market.
- Normal 40-hour work week.
- Friendly work atmosphere.
- Paid benefits and health insurance.
- Freedom to learn continuously and choose the tools for your job.
- The comfort of working on a new Apple computer at a nice Ikea desk in a spacious Art Nouveau building.
- Excitement of seeing that the code you just wrote immediately helped solve a real problem for another person.
- Paid trips to conferences.
- Paid membership at a fitness club of your choice.
- Paid parental leave.
- Books of your choice.
When applying, please tell us something about yourself and your relevant work experience. We want to know if you're qualified for this job, how well you'd fit in our team, and, most importantly, that you want this job, and not some other.
Please do not send us just your CV, but make sure to include a story as well. CVs only are great for companies that hire resources.
If this job is not for you, but you know somebody you think would be a great fit, please share this with them. Thanks!