We are looking for:
Junior Bioinformatics Engineer
Seven Bridges Genomics (www.sbgenomics.com)is building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis on the market. We democratize genomics by enabling researchers anywhere to process and understand genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, at any scale. This allows them to focus on advancing their fields and making personalised medicine a reality.
Bioinformatics is a relatively new and rapidly growing interdisciplinary field of science that combines computer science, statistics, mathematics, genetics and engineering to analyze and interpret biological data. We offer you an opportunity to play an integral part in bringing this exciting and important technology into life.
Want to help us improve our platform, analyze large sets of genomic data and help us make personalized medicine a reality? If these challenges seem exciting to you and you feel you fit the profile, please don’t hesitate to contact us.
An ideal candidate would:
- have a strong background in computer science or related field
- be highly motivated and willing to learn about molecular biology and genetics
- have experience with coding in at least one programming language
- have an interest in the field of big data analysis
- have good communication skills
- be proficient in both spoken and written English
- be genuinely curious and constantly striving to learn
You will also get an opportunity to:
- gain knowledge about genomics
- learn Python and/or R
- improve your knowledge of statistics
- understand algorithms and data structures used in bioinformatics
- parallelize and optimize existing engineering solutions
You will have full support from our team in gaining relevant knowledge and learning new set of skills. As you progress, your main responsibilities will be integrating existing bioinformatics tools into our cloud-based platform, working with our platform development teams to improve our products, conducting analyses of genomic data and communicating with broad set of our clients that are uppermost representatives of the developing biotech field.
We value our team more than anything else, and we like to learn from each other and share knowledge. In return, we offer an open work environment, flexible working hours, and great work conditions.
If you would like to work with us and join our constantly growing team, please send your resume/CV and a cover letter.
Thank you for your interest in Seven Bridges Genomics, however, due to the high volume of applications we will only contact those candidates whose skills and qualifications most closely suit our needs.