We are looking for:
Junior Data Scientist
We are in the business of IT services. It’s one of the fastest growing sectors in the world and we have really advanced technology. All of our customers are business customers and almost all of them are located in Australia. We have 50 team members working in our office in Belgrade, Francuska St. We have a great mix of educated and energetic young people. We have some pretty ambitious plans for expansion.
This is the job for the future. The Salesforce CRM platform is the world’s leading CRM, and we have the licenses with all the bells and whistles and one of the most advanced implementations in the world. It actually means something :). It means we are serious and not dreamers.
Salesforce has also revolutionized business intelligence technology by taking an innovative approach to data analytics, one that uses a fast and powerful search-based query engine that is similar in design to modern, commercial search engines such as Google and Bing. We have recently acquired this Salesforce’s open and agile Einstein Analytics Platform and we are looking for a rockstar Junior Data Scientist that will help us set it up properly and enable business users to explore data in a fast, self-service, agile way.
And even better than working with the best damn software platform in the world is that you do it with the most awesome group of people who enjoy helping one another, having fun together and supporting one another. It’s just plain fun “most” of the time.
Working from 7am - 3pm, Monday to Friday you will become a highly valued and important part of our Information Services team that is essential to the daily operations of the GCOMM business.
Why should you become a Junior Data Scientist at GCOMM
- There is continuous learning of the subject area, software tools and people relationships.
- You get to be surrounded by awesome, knowledgeable, “been there done that” colleagues.
- It is mentally challenging and suits those who like puzzles and problem solving.
- You will actually get to do things that are meaningful and people appreciate your contribution.
- You will get to work with our developers, the sales team, network engineers, marketing and finance groups which makes the entire role diverse.
- You have close proximity to the gallery of acquired toys.
What does the first few months look like
- It can be a bit daunting but then plenty of others have walked the path and you have self confidence in your own ability.
- You will be in intensive training in order to come up to speed. We will sponsor for the Salesforce learning process.
- You will also learn how the GCOMM business works.
- You will become acquainted with your colleagues.
What will your future responsibilities include
- Assist in the development of new and improved analytics applications and dashboards with emphasis on analysis and design, data analysis activities, technology assessment.
- Analyse the data and advise on business data updates and corrections.
- Prepare visual presentations of data and analysis.
- Research, design, and develop technical solutions for internal and external analytics users.
- Conduct statistical analyses; may include definition of sampling plans as well as identification of data capture strategies and modelling.
- Document and present results in various types of reports and briefs.
- Keep pace with current and emerging technologies and apply them to ever-changing problems.
- Work effectively in a collaborative, and sometimes physically dispersed, team environment.
- You probably have an Informatics, Engineering, Organisational Science, Economics or related degree.
- Your English is excellent.
- You are proud of your Excel skills.
- Knowledge of Java or other Object-Oriented programming languages is not required but would be considered an advantage.
- You have strong analytical and numerical skills and find great pleasure in understanding how something works.
- You have exceptional communication skills and ability to coordinate well with stakeholders.
- You are a team player but can also work independently.
- You have excellent time management skills and can work with short deadlines and under pressure if needed.
- You like to work hard during business hours and cool the afterburners outside of work.
How to apply
There are applicants who attach their CV to every job post and there are others who actually read the job posts. Which one are you? If you have read this far, you are probably thinking you can see yourself in this role which is great. It means you will do the following. You will produce an interesting cover letter and attach it along with the CV to the job post. If you are invited for an interview, you will present yourself nicely and will have read a little bit about the company and Salesforce products. And you will be calm and prepared for an enjoyable interview. You see, we are looking for the best people to join our team. We hope it’s you!