We are looking for a:
Linux Operations Engineer
to join our team in Belgrade.
We offer unique performance, scaling and security challenges and meet those challenges by focusing on teamwork, high standards and working with some of the latest technologies in our space.
As an Operations Engineer you will be part of the Operations team, working closely with Engineering to build, maintain and optimize anything from Java/Scala services, Node.js applications, Hadoop and Cassandra clusters. We are looking for candidates who have a wide experience in Linux system administration, public/private cloud solutions, big data, automation and database management. Expect to work very closely with engineers in Serbia but also the U.S. and Ukraine in a DevOps capacity.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working with the Engineering team to maintain scalable systems that support high traffic web services and back-end tools and applications
- Involvement in projects to improve production infrastructure
- Involvement in performing and automating production deployments
- Proactive and extensive communication with Vast co-workers and business partners, in both Serbia and the U.S.
- Participation in the 24x7, multi-tier on-call rotation
- Several year of experience in Linux administration (Red Hat and Ubuntu based distributions preferred; good knowledge of standard system tools such as awk, sed, grep, top, ps, lsof, cron and such)
- 1+ years prior experience supporting a LAMP environment (nginx and HAproxy are a bonus)
- HTTP protocol knowledge (status codes, troubleshooting, problem reproduction)
- General systems programming / scripting experience (Bash at minimum; Python and Ruby are a bonus)
- TCP/IP protocol knowledge
- 24x7 availability as required by the shared on-call schedule
- Ability to clearly communicate in both written and spoken English
- Experience with AWS or CloudStack
- Xen or KVM based virtualization experience (Docker and Vagrant are a bonus)
- MySQL or PostgreSQL administration with focus on high-availability
- Prior large scale systems management experience (load balancing, high-availability, multiple datacenters)
- System automation using tools like Chef and Rundeck
- Java VM monitoring, tuning and troubleshooting
Some of the benefits and perks of working at Vast include
- Working with a topnotch, experienced technical team spread across Serbia, the USA and Ukraine
- Many opportunities to acquire new technical skills and advance your career, as well as the opportunity to work with the latest technologies
- Free lunches daily, team activities, weekly recreation and seasonal teambuilding trips
If you are interested in joining Vast, please sent us your CV in English language.