Location: Belgrade, Serbia
About NCR Corporation
NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a global technology company leading how the world connects, interacts and transacts with business. NCR’s assisted- and self-service solutions and comprehensive support services address the needs of retail, financial, travel, healthcare, hospitality, entertainment, gaming and public sector organizations in more than 100 countries. NCR (www.ncr.com) is headquartered in Duluth, Georgia.
Position Summary & Key Areas of Responsibility:
- Support for a Linux high-end workstation network with the focus on simulation (Crashtest) and calculation (FEM, CFD, CAE) with NFS / NIS, Samba, database and web server nodes with approximately 0.5 PB distributed data and Activ- Activ failover nodes
- Technical instructions on the remote of Linux technicians who are at the customer's site.
- Process definitions for service provision in cooperation with customers
- Escalation management to software suppliers and hardware manufacturers, e.g. HP, NVIDIA, RedHat
- Definition and implementation of quality assurance measures and their monitoring
- Evaluation of new workstation hardware for productive use at the customer site
- Check and ensure the deployment of new operating system releases (hardware, operating system, or application changes) (create, test, release)
- Adapt the infrastructure to operational requirements (migration projects) including their planning and coordination
- Provision of scripts for installations, relocations and rollouts in consultation with the customer and other service providers
- Deployment: consulting the customer, requirements integration and rollout of solutions
- 3rd level support with problem and change management.
- Software rollout including planning, coordination, test and problem management
- Data backup including the provision of scripts
- Technical guidance in the IT area
- Very good knowledge of German and English language (spoken and written)
- At least 6-7 years of administrator experience in Linux environment
- Must be able to create his own scripts, find his own solutions for problems
- Good practical knowledge in the PC/peripheral and network environment (hardware and software)
- Knowledge of organizational / IT processes in large companies
- Service and customer orientation and very good communication skills
- Able to travel in order to visit customers
Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, religion, gender, culture and physical ability. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
Statement to Third Party Agencies
To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.