Our mission is to make software delivery awesome. Lean companies such as 500px, General Assembly and CrunchBase use Semaphore to test and deploy their code. We have a mature hosted product and have recently launched Semaphore Enterprise, an on-premise solution.
Rendered Text is hiring Linux system administrators of all levels of experience — both junior and senior — to join the Semaphore engineering team in our main office in Novi Sad. Build a great product with a friendly, highly collaborative team while learning new things and advancing your craft.
We work in small teams and focus on constantly delivering value to our users through daily standups, pull requests, code review, and continuous deployment.
We are looking for candidates who are in the mindset of continuous improvement, can communicate well, and who respect and empathize with their colleagues.
Well-qualified candidates have an excellent knowledge of Linux operation system and one or more scripting languages.
Our team is partly remote, with employees in Europe and Asia, and the right candidate can thrive in an environment of asynchronous communication. We expect you to have strong communication skills and be able to create working relationships with coworkers in locations around the globe.
Linux System Administrator
Job location: Novi Sad
- Provision bare-metal servers.
- Troubleshoot hardware stability issues and delegate repairs to data center technicians.
- Maintain a diverse Ubuntu based Linux environment including a wide range of storage services and programming languages.
- Take the ownership of your parts of the system and be on call for them.
- Cooperate with the rest of the infrastructure team in maintaining the Semaphore platform.
- Communicate with engineering teams, management and Semaphore users through our support channel when necessary.
What we're offering
- Exposure to the latest technologies, good practices (hackile, devops, continuous delivery), big challenges and impact of working on a product that's competing on a global market.
- Flexi time/ Core- hours, 40-hour work week.
- Friendly work atmosphere.
- Freedom to learn continuously and choose the tools for your job.
- Excitement of seeing that the code you just wrote immediately helped solve a real problem for another person.
- Paid trips to conferences.
- Paid membership at a fitness club of your choice.
- Paid parental leave.
- Books of your choice.
When applying, please tell us something about yourself and your relevant work experience. We want to know if you're qualified for this job, how well you'd fit in our team, and, most importantly, that you want this job, and not some other.
Please do not send us just your CV, but make sure to include a story as well. CVs only are great for companies that hire resources.
If this job is not for you, but you know somebody you think would be a great fit, please share this with them. Thanks!