Linux System Engineer
Location: Novi Sad
This is a great opportunity to join a team that's working on the next version of Semaphore's distributed platform.
As a Linux system engineer, you will develop creative solutions to expand, scale and optimize Semaphore's distributed infrastructure for continuous delivery. It is a system similar to Google Borg, composed of clusters of Linux machines that are constantly running thousands of demanding and long-running jobs in isolation. Your tasks will be related to writing code to manage and improve this environment. This includes:
- Expanding the capabilities of our platform to run continuous delivery jobs for our users;
- Using various virtualization & containerization technologies such as LXC, KVM, and Docker;
- Writing code that manages the Linux file system, processes, and network;
- Hardware and software performance analysis;
- Writing programs that collect, analyze and report the infrastructure team about possible issues;
- Maintaining the fault-tolerance of the distributed system.
If you think that a system is never fast enough and you find challenges related to scaling an always-on distributed system interesting, then this is the perfect job for you.
- You need to be proficient in programming for the UNIX / Linux programming interface. Perhaps you don't have experience working on a large-scale distributed system, but you have a sharp engineering mind and are looking for a place to level up your skills and career. We'll provide you with the right environment for that.
- Ability to write clean and elegant code fast.
- Ability and dedication to continuously learn new languages, technologies and practices. You love to read about programming and think that there are some great books that we should check out too.
You can work remotely or in our office in Novi Sad.
What we're offering
- Exposure to the latest technologies, good practices (hackile, devops, continuous delivery), big challenges and impact of working on a product that's competing on a global market.
- Normal 40-hour work week.
- Friendly work atmosphere.
- Freedom to learn continuously and choose the tools for your job.
- Excitement of seeing that the code you just wrote immediately helped solve a real problem for another person.
- Paid trips to conferences.
- Paid membership at a fitness club of your choice.
- Paid parental leave.
- Books of your choice.
If you'll be working at our office, you also get:
- The comfort of working on a new Apple computer at a nice Ikea desk in a spacious Art Nouveau building.
- Paid benefits and health insurance.
How to apply
If you're interested, please send us an email at
email@example.com and tell us something about yourself and your relevant work experience. We want to know if you're qualified for this job, how well you'd fit in our team, and, most importantly, that you want this job, and not some other.
Please do not send us just your CV, but make sure to include an email with a story as well. CVs only are great for companies that hire resources. We will contact only shortlisted candidates.
If this job is not for you, but you know somebody you think would be a great fit, please share this with them. Thanks!
Rendered Text is a software company. For questions regarding Semaphore, please visit semaphoreci.com. Otherwise, feel free to get in touch any time.