Jaka Lounge agency provides complete human resource management support for companies. We put our special focus on high-quality selection processes while we believe that knowledge and competencies bring brilliant results only when they’re combined with adequate motivation.
In order to expand the NOC Engineering team of our client, a successful IT company, we are looking for an experienced:
Network Engineer L3
In this company you will meet people who are both innovative and fun, creating long lasting customer relationships. They think outside the box to provide customer centric solutions allowing them to achieve the results their customers desire. They believe that the customers priorities are imperative to the success of their business and they go above and beyond to dedicate themselves to them.
This position will report directly to the Head of Network Operations Centre and playing a key part in resolving high level technical faults across the customer base.
The Network Engineer will provide outstanding service focussed on resolving escalated incidents from the customer facing support teams, resolving urgent monitoring alerts, network equipment commissioning, and planned network maintenance.
This role is part of a team that provides 24/7 customer support all year round including public holidays. You will work with public and private cloud services, large enterprise wired and wireless network infrastructures through to end user troubleshooting.
Your day to day role will consist of the following responsibilities:
- Handle L3 technical support issues via incident management escalations.
- Use and develop monitoring systems to proactively identify and resolve potential issues.
- Configure and commission wired and wireless networking equipment.
- Integrate multi-vendor network devices with the monitoring systems.
- Complete day-to-day Technical Operation activities (network migrations, design changes, infrastructure updates and firmware updates).
- Complete Infrastructure documentation and knowledge base development to improve team knowledge and troubleshooting.
- Deliver all set targets to contribute to a successful business function in line with the strategic objectives.
- Identify and assess customers’ needs to achieving and exceeding customer satisfaction.
- Build sustainable relationships and trust with customers through open and interactive communication.
- Handle customer queries, provide appropriate solutions and alternatives within the expected time frame and follow up to ensure resolution.
- CCNP certificate or equivalent experience.
- Proven experience in a network operations centre in the ISP/Telecoms industry.
- Proven experience on incident management processes and prioritisation.
- Excellent knowledge of monitoring systems, and have an excellent understanding of monitoring best practices.
- Have an excellent knowledge of networking, including physical, switching, routing (OSPF, BGP), transport layers and firewalls.
- Have an in-depth understanding of RADIUS protocol.
- Experience in Network Infrastructure design.
- Strong technical knowledge of Wireless Technologies.
- Have an in-depth understanding of WiFi standards and general Wireless principles.
- Ability to multi-task and deal with a combination of fault types at any given time.
- Have an understanding of high availability protocols and design, on both Layer 2 and Layer 3.
- Hold in-depth knowledge of Linux (Ubuntu or Centos) systems administrations skills.
- IPv6 implementation and transition mechanisms.
- Strong knowledge of Programming and scripting ability, preferably Python and PHP.
- Have an in-depth understanding of SNMP protocol, VPN and tunnelling technologies, and security protocols and firewalls.
- Working experience of routing protocols (implementation and troubleshooting).
- Excellent spoken & written English.
- Ability to work individually and as part of a team, potentially covering extending working hours.
- Desire to learn new technologies, develop advanced networking skills and share them across the team.
- Strong desire and knowledge to work within Internet Service Provider industry and in a close-knit team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Additional skills which would be considered as a plus:
- CCIE or other networking certifications.
- Salesforce CRM knowledge.
- Experience in Network Infrastructure Architecture.
- Presales experience.
- Managing major escalation team meetings or leading “war room” discussions.
If you believe this position aligns with your experience, please submit your CV down below. We are looking forward to meeting you!