eFront is a leading software provider of end-to-end solutions dedicated to the financial industry. eFront’s solutions for cross-asset classes serve more than 800 customers in 48 countries, including companies in the private equity, real estate investment, banking and insurance sectors. Founded in 1999, eFront has offices in New York, Dallas, Montreal, London, Jersey, Paris (HQ), Bonn, Dubai, Singapore, Hong Kong and Beijing amongst our 23 global locations.
In order to support our constantly growing business, we are looking for a:
Networks Engineer - Belgrade
The Network Engineer’s role is to ensure the stability, integrity, and efficient operation of the in-house information systems that support core organizational functions. This is achieved by monitoring, maintaining, supporting, and optimizing all network devices and firewalls. The Network Engineer will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate, and resolve issues in order to maximize the benefit of IT systems investments.
Your main responsibilities will be:
Strategy & Planning
- Collaborate with production and internal IT operations staff to ensure smooth and reliable operation of network systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Work with executive team members, decision makers, and stakeholders to define business requirements and systems goals, and to identify and resolve network systems issues.
Acquisition & Deployment
- Design and deploy new network switches and appliances in to corporate network
- Perform cost-benefit and return on investment analyses for proposed systems to aid management in making implementation decisions
- Conduct research on network systems products to justify recommendations and to support purchasing efforts
- Interact with vendors, outsourcers, and contractors to secure system-related products and services
- Operational Management
- Gauge the effectiveness and efficiency of existing systems; develop and implement strategies for improving or further leveraging these systems
- Propose and create network system design models, specifications, diagrams, and charts
- Design and perform network and security audits, system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies
- Ensure network systems and MESH community connectivity
- Create and maintain documentation as it relates to system configuration, mapping, processes, and service records
- Ensure compatibility and interoperability of in-house network systems
- Coordinate and perform in-depth tests for modified and new systems
- Monitor and test system performance; prepare and deliver system performance statistics and reports
Required skills and experience:
- University degree in computer science or software engineering and/or […] years equivalent work experience
- Relevant knowledge in Checkpoint firewalls or CISCO
- Networking, switching, firewall and router administration & troubleshooting
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation network systems
- Proven experience with network systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices
- Working technical knowledge of current software protocols, and Internet standards.
- Extensive experience with core networking TCPIP, routing, VPN
- Excellent troubleshooting experience
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws
- Good project management skills
- Excellent written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to conduct research into systems issues and products as required
- Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly language
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving abilities
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation
- Ability to work in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
eFront stands out as a real career booster:
- We are at the crossroads between software and the thriving businesses of Private Equity and Real Estate
- We foster international and cross-functional mobility across our broad office network
- Our culture encourages risk-taking and innovation
- While we are a financially robust and established company, we are still as agile and boiling as a start-up and offer plenty of opportunities to gain responsibilities rapidly
This is a rare opportunity for an ambitious and rising professional to join a rapidly growing and successful company.