PHP / Symfony Developer (Mid & Senior levels, Belgrade area)
Glowbase is an award-winning Swiss startup company that develops cloud solutions for universities and graduate schools. We are looking for a skilled PHP Symfony developer to join our expanding team as a remote member.
We are a Zurich-based „Software-as-a-Service“ provider, busy writing a solid and scalable platform to meet our customer‘s growing needs. We are looking for an extremely reliable and sharp coder who is experienced with the Symfony framework, ready to tackle new challenges in an „all hands on deck“ environment.
In this role you will be responsible for writing high-quality code, ranging from customer-facing frontends to backend integrations with third-party software systems. As one of the first remote members of our team, you will also have to contribute to the continuous optimization of our internal communication- and DevOps- processes.
Your tasks include
- Develop solid, well-documented code based on the Symfony framework
- Write automated tests with PhpUnit, Selenium etc
- Continuous code-refactoring to make things more stable and efficient
- Contribute to the planning and realisation of projects
- Depending on interests and skills also other tasks in the IT-area
This is you
- You live and breathe „TDD“ and „Agile“
- You have at least 3 years of experience working with the Symfony framework
- You master PhpUnit, MySQL, HTML, jQuery, CSS, Bootstrap, ...
- You have experience working with Linux systems
- You are a strong communicator with good command of the English language (German is a plus)
- You are an open-minded, team-oriented personality
- You are reliable, have good discipline and self-management skills
- You are willing and able to work independently and find your own solutions for new problems
- You want to contribute your knowhow to a large project and further develop your skills
Bonus points for
- Jira, Gitlab, Vagrant, SASS, Casper.js, PhantomCSS, Selenium, Eclipse, Ubuntu ...
- Other programming or scripting languages
- Skills in the UX- / UI- or DevOps- / SysAdmin- areas
- Experience with developing or operating SaaS platforms
- Experience with requirements engineering, user training or customer support
- A sense of humor in hectic times
What we offer
- Remote work (preferably in the Belgrade area)
- Full time or part time (at least 50%)
- Long-term arrangement with career opportunities
- Agile software development with very short release cycles
- State-of-the-art dev environment
- Challenging and exciting work in the international academic environment
How to apply
If you love challenges and like to take responsibility, send a letter of motivation, your CV and a detailed overview of your tech skills to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your documents should tell us why you are the perfect fit for this role and must include:
- proof of your track record: What kind of projects did you work on? In what way did you work on them, what
- was your contribution? How, when and where did you use the tools and technologies mentioned earlier?
- links to reference projects / personal projects / public repositories etc
- your complete contact details
- links to LinkedIn and Github profiles, if available
Glowbase is a full-service solutions provider who wants to contribute to the sustainable improvement of the doctorate. Based on internationally recognized standards and best practices, our cutting-edge online platforms help universities streamline processes and establish a culture of good supervision and accountability.
Our experience with universities in different countries, our broad expertise as well as our knowledge of the common doctoral standards (e.g. ORPHEUS, EUA-CDE) makes us "experts in doctoral administration". We are therefore not just software developers, but also consultants, coaches and supporters.