We are looking for a:
PHP Web Developer - Symfony
MDPI (www.mdpi.com) is a rapidly growing and leading publishing house of academic open access journals. Our open access journals are freely available online. All articles published in our journals are peer-refereed, i.e. quality controlled by peer researchers working on the same subject area. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with three large offices in China, one office in Spain and one office in Belgrade, Serbia.
MDPI AG established a new office in the Science Technology Park, Zvezdara – Belgrade and has a team of 8 PHP web developers. We are currently looking to hire an additional senior PHP web developers with 5+ years of work experience in order to improve the team work and increase productivity. More about MDPI d.o.o can be seen here: www.mdpi.rs
You will be part of an international, young and dynamic team of software developers and be working on exciting projects to foster open access, open data, and open communication amongst scholars, and the linked sciences. We mainly work with Smyfony framework on a LEMP stack (Linux, Nginx, MySQL, PHP), but additionally use a wide variety of other tools such as MongoDB, Redis, Memcache, or jQuery.
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- 5+ years of work experience in the area of web and/or mobile development
- Experience with managing Linux/UNIX systems required
- Experience with Symfony PHP framework is a plus
- Interests in UX (user experience) and UI (user interface) a plus
- Experience with responsive design (e.g. foundation, bootstrap) a plus
- Experience with managing an Apache or Nginx web server environment a plus
- Experience with scalable server environments, PERL, Phyton, MongoDB, Redis, etc. are a plus
- Competitive salaries (1500€ to 2500€ / month net)
- Work in an international environment, following new technologies in the IT field
- Monthly / yearly bonuses rewarding good performers
Applications to be sent to Milos Cuculovic electronically.