MDPI (www.mdpi.com) is a rapidly growing and leading publishing house of academic open access journals. Our open access journals are freely available online. All articles published in our journals are peer-refereed, i.e. quality controlled by peer researchers working on the same subject area. Headquartered in Basel, Switzerland with three large offices in China, one office in Spain and one office in Belgrade, Serbia.
MDPI AG established a new office in the Science Technology Park, Zvezdara – Belgrade and has a team of 8 PHP web deveopers. We are currently looking to hire additional mid-level / senior:
PHP Web Developers
with 2+ years of work experience in order to improve the team work and increase productivity.
You will be part of an international, young and dynamic team of software developers and be working on exciting projects to foster open access, open data, and open communication amongst scholars, and the linked sciences. We currently mainly work with the Smyfony2 framework on a LEMP stack (Linux, Nginx, MySQL, PHP), but additionally use a wide variety of other tools such as MongoDB, Redis, Memcache, or jQuery.
- Strong flair for technology and interest in the latest developments in IT and web development
- Willingness to perform above average
- Attention to details
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- 2+ years of work experience in the area of web and/or mobile development
- Experience with working on Linux/UNIX systems required
- Experience with MVC frameworks (Symfony) a plus
- Interests in UX (user experience) and UI (user interface) a plus
- Experience with responsive design (e.g. foundation, bootstrap) a plus
- Experience with managing IT projects and holding the team leader position
- Experience with managing an Apache or Nginx web server environment a plus
- Experience with scalable server environments, PERL, Phyton, MongoDB, Redis, RegEx, etc. are a plus
For application, please send us your CV + motivation letter electronically.