GroundLink is a global platform for ground transportation based in New York City, serving corporate clients and leisure travels in most major cities and 110 countries. With our award winning app, world class website and exceptional 24/7 customer service center, we seamlessly connect our vast network of professional and licensed drivers with discerning clients who value their time, their safety, and appreciate great customer service.
We are a global team of people who work hard, work together, and have plenty of face time with senior leadership (they actually WANT to hear what's on our minds!). Our major offices are based in New York, Dallas and Belgrade, Serbia, so there's always someone just a Skype call away, anytime of the day.
We are always interested in adding extraordinary people to our team - especially those who love new challenges, appreciate flexible schedules and are as passionate about their careers as they are about their lives. We celebrate and encourage diversity because when we all think alike, nobody's thinking very much.
We are currently looking for candidates for the position of:
PRICING DATA ANALYST
with a strong passion for turning large amounts of data into actionable insights to drive improved business profitability
In this highly dynamic and fast-paced environment, this individual will be responsible for leading the development of pricing strategies across the various businesses. This position will have the opportunity to present findings and share insights with multiple business leaders throughout the organization including sales, retail, marketing, operations, finance etc.
- Mine and translate data into meaningful insights and pricing recommendations for the operational and strategic business units
- Answer key business profitability questions by using analytical techniques on data
- Design, execute, analyze and interpret pricing experiments to understand price elasticity
- Build metrics, analytics, and insights generators from core reporting and dashboards for socialization of price competitiveness throughout the organization
- Support dynamic pricing process to make prices market competitive
- Mentor and coach analysts on the team on pricing analytics and strategy
- Analyze, interpret & communicate the results of pricing analysis, pricing experiments and pricing recommendations to the business units
- Document key pricing strategies and analyze and track progress on strategic pricing decisions
- Develop process improvements, analytical frameworks, share expertise with others, mentor and continually strive to improve overall contributions to the department
- Work with developers to improve and optimize existing pricing engine
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science; Master’s degree in relevant fields desired
- 5+ years of experience with technical expertise, preferably experience with MSSQL Server and Java or similar programming language
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills (Pivot tables, charts, VLOOKUP, functions, VBA macros, importing data from other sources to Excel…)
- Experience with data analysis/modeling including end to end data/information flow, data warehouse architecture, and dashboard / report UX design
- Excellent analytical skills with the ability to understand complex finance and business processes
- Enthusiasm for: Data mining, Machine Learning, Statistical Analysis, R.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including presentation and documentation
- Excellent knowledge of English language, both verbal and written
- Team player and able to work effectively at all levels of an organization
What we are offering:
- Dynamic, challenging, fun and friendly work environment in multinational company
- Full-time employment
- Competitive and stimulating compensation
We will only consider applications submitted in English.
For more information about our company, please visit our web site www.groundlink.com