InVision is the digital product design platform used to make the world’s best customer experiences. We provide design tools and educational resources for teams to navigate every stage of the product design process, from ideation to development. Today, more than 5 million people use InVision to create a repeatable and streamlined design workflow; rapidly design and prototype products before writing code, and collaborate across their entire organization. That includes 100% of the Fortune 100, and organizations like Airbnb, Amazon, HBO, Netflix, Slack, Starbucks and Uber, who are now able to design better products, faster.
Our Engineering team is in search of a Principal Software Engineer - Graphics/Rendering to help us change the way digital products are designed.
About the Team:
We work in scrum agile iterations on short-term deliverable cycles. Every team ships code every day and we push launches every few months. We’re motivated to not only deliver the best products, but also to personally achieve. We work in small teams and have growth tracks for both technical and management.
What you’ll do:
- Approach problem solving by applying best practices and opportune technologies
- Efficiently optimize resources (e.g., system hardware, database, memory/CPU, etc.)
- Work with your team to innovate, design, and build software that is stable and advanced
- Produce code that is flexible and pragmatic with a focus on longevity
- Work on original ideas with stakeholders, peers and customers making appropriate trade-offs and reusing solutions where possible
- Help balance customer requirements with team requirements
- Support and mentor your team by actively participating in the code review process, design discussions, team planning, and ticket/metric/COE reviews
- Focus on operational excellence, constructively identifying problems and proposing solutions
- Lead projects to create software enhancements that improve team software and processes
- Work to resolve the origin cause of complex problems, leaving software better and easier to maintain than when you found it
What you’ll bring:
- 7+ years of experience developing software for high volume, scalable SaaS applications
- A Degree in Computer Science, or equivalent
- Knowledge of Graphics tools, such as WebGL or OpenGL
- Web browser technology, chromium, or skia a plus
InVision offers an incredibly unique work environment. The company employs a diverse team all over the world. Each InVision team member is given the freedom and tools to do their best work from wherever they choose.
The benefits we offer in the United States and Canada include competitive health plans and retirement plans. Some InVision-wide benefits offered to all employees across the globe include a flexible vacation policy, monthly coffee shop stipends, annual allowances for books related to your profession, and home office setup & wellness reimbursements. InVision is an international employer so some benefit offerings will vary from country to country.
InVision is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.