The Product Owner is a credible, experienced product leader. Their product decisions are based on a solid foundation of insight and data and the role is skilled at partnering with stakeholders across the organization and externally.
An inspiring and effective matrix people manager able to mentor and coach delivery team members to achieve their full potential.
Ownership of the creation, refinement, and prioritization of the Product Backlog that is used to direct the work completed by the delivery team.
- Accountable for the success of the web product development, defining the direction to meet the strategic needs of the business, tracing success, and leading an empowered and effective matrix delivery team.
- Accountable for setting the short term (0-3 months) product strategy and roadmap, identifying and justifying new ideas to meet business goals.
- Empowers and supports the Delivery team to execute the short-term plan (0-3 months) and ensures that they can turn the long term vision into reality.
- Identifies, validates, and documents business requirements for enhancements and new ideas to achieve business goals and objective.
- Sets the short-term product strategy and vision working with commercial, technology and business peers and market stakeholders.
- Works collaboratively with business teams to build an instinctive understanding of local markets, targets and goals, agree on priorities and share feedback.
- Commissions market and customer research and uses data and insights to support fast, effective decision-making.
- Understanding of products, customers and markets and understands the broader competitive digital landscape.
- Works collaboratively with other business functions to build support for new propositions and obtain buy-in and support for new initiatives.
Essential to the role:
- 2+ years of working as a Product Owner with Agile development teams.
- Experience with the full ‘end-to-end’ product delivery lifecycle (PDLC).
- Experience of matrix management and coaching team members.
- Experience creating short term product strategies and proposals.
- Ability to extract meaning / trends from analysis of customer and market data.
- Skilled at managing stakeholders in a large organization.
- Prioritizes and demonstrate a clear sense of business and customer value.
- Understanding of Agile digital product design and delivery.
- Able to work under pressure and make pragmatic decisions.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
Would be a plus:
- Experience with modern web applications (e.g. React).
- Experienced at applying data and insight to inform decision-making.
- Experience of the mobility and automotive industry.
- Experience working in a global commercial business with remote teams.
- Agile Product Certification (e.g. PSPO, CSPO).
- Technical / Engineering / Scientific Degree an advantage.
- MBA or similar business qualification nice to have.
- Vision - able to set the vision for short-term product delivery.
- Collaborator - able to work with others to build options and gain consensus.
- Communicator - able to articulate the reasons for a particular product tactic.
- Customer-Centric - able to think like our customers (people who use the service).
- Client-Centric - able to think like our clients (paying companies).
- Data-Driven - able to gain meaning from data to make informed decisions.
- Matrix Leader - able to support indirect team members to be successful.
- Hands-on as required - able to get involved when needed and step back when not.