We are looking for:
Seven Bridges Genomics (www.sbgenomics.com)is building the most advanced cloud computing platform for genomics data analysis on the market. We democratize genomics by enabling researchers anywhere to process and understand genomic data faster and more efficiently than ever, at any scale. This allows them to focus on advancing their fields and making personalised medicine a reality.
The flexibility of our platform, in the hands of our large team of experts, allows us to collaborate with a wide variety of distinguished pharmaceutical, health-care, and academic partners. We help these partners investigate and treat all kinds of genetic disorders. We are also excited to have been selected to participate in the National Cancer Institute's Cancer Cloud Pilot, which will accelerate and expand our vision.
As a member of our team you will be working on the cloud computing platform using cutting edge technologies in distributed environment, design and implement highly available SOA services, from a database (SQL, NoSql, graph) to an external API, scale them to support huge number of requests, and work on emerging standards accepted across the industry.
An ideal candidate would:
- Have 3+ years of relevant engineering.
- Be proficient in Python server-side development.
- Have experience with Django, sqlalchemy, rabbitmq or similar frameworks and libraries.
- Understand the common design patterns and engineering practices.
- Know how to work with at least one modern build system.
- Have a solid knowledge of common algorithms and data structures.
- Have good communication skills.
- Be proficient in spoken and written English.
- Be genuinely curious and constantly striving to learn.
And we also think that…
- Knowledge and hands-on experience with distributed systems and complex infrastructures is a big plus.
- Strong CS background is a plus.
- It’s great if you’re fluent in more than one programming language and/or paradigm.
- Feeling comfortable with at least one major *NIX platform (Linux, OS/X, FreeBSD, etc.) is a plus.
We value our team more than anything else, and we like to learn from each other and share knowledge. In return, we offer an open work environment, flexible working hours, and great work conditions.
If you would like to work with us and help us build the next generation of genomic analysis tools, please send your resume/CV and a cover letter.